There is a common perception that Dubai is an expensive city to live in. With the high price of groceries, the Salik toll and exorbitant school fees, house rent could be the straw that breaks the camel's back.
There are certain neighborhoods in which you can rent out apartments without having to burn a hole in your pocket. According to EZHeights.com, the affordable housing options in Dubai are available in International City, Al Awir, Sports City, Discovery Gardens, Al Ras, Naif, Abu Hail and International Media Production Zone (IMPZ).
The studio/1 bedroom apartments in these areas are available in the price range Dh20,000 to Dh30,000. In Al Awir, the rents range from Dh20,000 to Dh30,000. In Outsource Zone, the rent ranges from Dh25,000 to Dh30,000 and in International City from Dh25,000 to Dh35,000.
Below are Khaleej Times' top 5 picks for studio apartments that cost less than Dh4,000 a month:-
1. A studio apartment in the Persia cluster of the International City is available for Dh29,000 per year. The rent is to be paid quarterly. It has central air conditioning, a balcony, built-in wardrobes and security mechanisms. This apartment is just a kilometer from Dragon Mart. (Source: Dubizzle)
2. Another studio apartment is available to rent in Sama Residence in Al Nahda. It will set you back by Dh30,000. This apartment boasts a study, a shared pool, a gym, parking facilities, and a walk-in closet. (Source: Property Finder)
3. The third is a slightly expensive option. Located in International City phase 2, the annual rent is Dh36,000. This apartment complex is in proximity to mosques, shopping malls, hotels and a few restaurants. The metro, which is at a short distance from the apartment, has got your commute covered. No more getting stuck in traffic! (Source: Property Finder)
4. An open view 1-bedroom apartment is available for rent in the Al Nahda Tower in Al Nahda. It costs Dh40,000 per year and is located close to the Expo Centre, Sharjah. It boasts an extremely short commute to Dubai. This means that you will not have to leave your house two hours early to reach Dubai. It is also located very close to an RTA bus stop. (Source: Property Finder)
5. The last of our picks is the studio apartment that costs Dh36,000 a year. It is located at the Dubai Silicon Oasis gate no.2. The apartment is on the ground floor . The apartment complex has 24 hours security. It has a built-in kitchen appliances and a spacious balcony. There is also a concierge service. No other apartment on this list has this service. (Source: Dubizzle)
By Nida Sohail