A job interview isn't a one-way street. The most successful interviewers realize it is an intelligent conversation, a mutual give-and-take that should result in both parties communicating their relevant agenda and understanding the other better.
Asking questions of the interviewee is only expected but keep in mind that an interviewee who steps in with questions at the end of the interview is showcasing interest in the position, professional curiosity and also proactivity- a valuable trait.
Your homework, as a Top employer, is to be very well prepared to be asked all kinds of questions (the more intelligent the questions are, the more you know the candidate sitting for the interview is a potential catch). Make use of this time at the end of the interview to allow the interviewee to get the job- related info he/ she needs in order for you both to ascertain that the picture - regarding what the job entails and what your company is all about - is crystal clear.
- 6 Job Interview Tips for Interviewers
- 10 UAE Disciplinary Rules Every Employee Should Remember at Workplace
The following are just a few questions that can be asked so be prepared!
- Why is this position open?
- What level of experience/ skill are you looking for in the person who fills this role?
- What kind of training would be available?
- What would my initial responsibilities on the job be?
- What would a typical day look like in terms of projects, responsibilities, deadlines etc?
- Can you tell me something about the team I would be working with?
- What objectives would you like the person in this role to accomplish?
- Is there a specific career progression path that I would have with your company?
- What are some of the more difficult problems I might face in this role?
- What resources would the person in this role have - in terms of support, budget etc.
- What significant changes do you foresee in the company in the near future?
- In what areas do you consider your company to have the greatest strength?
- How would my performance be evaluated in this position?
This article originally appeared in Bayt.com. This article and all other intellectual property on Bayt.com is the property of Bayt.com. Reproduction of this article in any form is only permissible with written permission from Bayt.com.
© 2000 - 2022 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)