BTEA: ‘Disney On Ice’ Comes to Bahrain During Eid Al Fitr
Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will be performing in a live musical show and taking audiences on a fun-filled tour of imagination and adventure when Disney On Ice presents Passport to Adventure debuts in Bahrain in June.
Produced by Feld Entertainment, the spectacular ice show will be held from 15th to 19th June 2018 at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre, and features Disney’s Frozen, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King and Peter Pan.
The ice show will be filled with Disney music and magic in every scene, “audiences will discover four unique landscapes at the ice show, each filled with Academy Award®-winning musical scores and world-class skating, making Disney On Ice presents Passport to Adventure a magical experience family will cherish forever.”
Passport to Adventure will provide the audience with an opportunity to enjoy memorable performances from their favorite Disney characters including Simba, Timon and Pumbaa from The Lion King; Ariel and Sebastian from The Little Mermaid; Peter Pan, Wendy and Tinker Bell from Peter Pan; as well as royal sisters Anna and Elsa from the number-one-animated feature film of all time, Frozen.
“It gives us a great pleasure to add one of the most extraordinary shows to BTEA’s calendar of events. Disney On Ice presents Passport to Adventure will further position the Kingdom as a leading family destination while offering visitors of all ages the opportunity to enjoy the family entertainment in an unforgettable setting. Disney On Ice presents Passport to Adventure will take place during the Eid Al-Fitr holidays during which there is a great demand on family tourism in the Kingdom of Bahrain,” commented H.E Shaikh Khaled Bin Humood Al Khalifa, Chief Executive Officer of the Bahrain Tourism & Exhibitions Authority.
The live performance will take center stage at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre and is a highlight of Bahrain Tourism and Exhibition Authority extensive series of events and activities that aim to attract visitors and tourists from Bahrain and the neighboring GCC countries. It also forms part aligns with BTEA’s long term strategy which focuses on further developing the Kingdom’s tourism sector, further contributing to economic development in line with the Kingdom’s 2030 Economic Vision.
“Bringing Disney On Ice to Bahrain for the first time this coming June will give families from across the country the opportunity to see their favourite Frozen, Little Mermaid, Lion King and Peter Pan characters come to life live on ice. We look forward to having families in Bahrain join us on this unique and spectacular adventure, creating memories which will last a lifetime” says Feld Entertainment Vice President for Europe, Middle East and Africa- Steven Armstrong.
Tickets for ‘Disney On Ice presents Passport To Adventure’, go on sale March 14, 2018 and will be available on manama.platinumlist.net. For more information, visit disneyonicebh.com.
Passport to Adventure was created by a team of industry experts known for their ability to convey the movements and designs needed to bring each Disney destination to life:
- Jerry Bilik (Director) – Creative team member for 30 Disney On Ice shows, Jerry arranged music for a number of television series, including Starsky and Hutch and Charlie’s Angels, and was also music coordinator for The 31st Annual Emmy® Awards.
- Patty Vincent (Director – Frozen section) – Patty directed numerous Feld Entertainment ice and stage shows including Disney On Ice presents Frozen, Magical Ice Festival and Dare to Dream and began her career at Feld Entertainment as a skater 31 years ago. Patty has advanced in the company to become the Creative Director for all touring Disney On Ice productions.
- Cindy Stuart (Choreographer) –2016 Professional Skaters Association Choreographer of the Year Award winner and the 2014 Sonja Henie Award nominee, Cindy collaborated with Olympic Gold Medalist Robin Cousins on multiple projects and choreographed for US Champion Gracie Gold, US Bronze Medalist Mirai Nagasu, World and Olympic Champions Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao and Olympic Champions Jamie Salé and David Pelletier. Cindy is also choreographer for several Disney On Ice productions, including Disney On Ice presents Dare to Dream.
- The Late Robert Smith (Production Designer) – Robert’s theater credits include the 2001 revival of Hair at the Wadsworth Theater, the world premiere of Bingo - an award-winning musical in Los Angeles - and Stephen Sondheim’s Assassins and Dorian. His film credits include Session Man (Academy Award® winner) and Contact (Academy Award® nominee).
- The Late Arthur Boccia (Costume Designer) – Arthur worked 14 seasons as a top assistant to the late Don Foote and designer for Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey®. Arthur also worked in film, television and on Broadway plays, including the Broadway revival of Pal Joey; and designed costumes for 10 Disney On Ice productions.
- Patrick Dierson (Lighting Designer) – Patrick’s lighting credits include the MTV Video Music Awards and the world tour of Shakira. Patrick received an Emmy® Award nomination for his work on the post September 11th musical telethon America: A Tribute to Heroes.
Bahrain Tourism and Exhibitions Authority (BETA)
Bahrain Tourism and Exhibitions Authority was established in 2015 under the Royal Decree number (76) for the year 2015 issued by His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, King of Bahrain. Whereas the first clause of the Decree number (10) stated that an authority should be established under the supervision of the Council of Ministers
In 2015, BTEA started its operations under the Decree number (9) for the year 2015 to append the Tourism Affairs to the Ministry of Industry and Commerce based on the recommendation of HRH Prime Minister and under the law number (62) of the year 2016 to establish and regulate the Bahrain Exhibition and Convention Authority (BECA) and the Decree number (1) for the year 1985 to establish a Supreme Council for Tourism, and the law number (15) for the year 1986 to regulate the Tourism sector amended by a Law by Decree number (12) for the year 1994.
Buy credits to publish your articles on Al Bawaba Biz here