Global Village and Bloom World Academy to host free film-making workshops as part of the Young Directors Awards competition
As part of its Young Directors Awards Competition in partnership with Bloom World Academy, Global Village has announced the dates for its free workshops. Based on the theme, “My more wonderful world”, the competition invites children between the ages of 5 and 14 to create a short video that tells the story of what they, or someone they know, would do to make the world a better place.
In celebration of Creators Month, the Young Directors Award competition, will give two young people the chance to win a life-changing scholarship for their entire schooling at Bloom World Academy, the school that dares to do things differently, the scholarships are worth over AED 1 million.
These workshops aim to assist young artists in creating their submission for the awards. There will be three workshops in total, two held at the Kids’ Theatre at Global Village and one hosted online for easy access to all students in the UAE.
Film-making Workshop 5pm, January 20, Kids Theatre: Nahla Al Fahad, Film Director and Producer, will host a film-making workshop at the Kids’ Theatre which will focus on harnessing existing film making skills and Al Fahad will give tips and tricks on how to shoot a memorable video.
Storytelling Workshop 5 pm on January 24, Kids Theatre: Maitha Mohamed, a content creator that specialises in storytelling will share learnings on the art and science of storytelling and how to keep audiences engaged through compelling content.
Online Workshop from January 20, online: Uzair Merchant, filmmaker, writer, and designer, will be hosting a virtual workshop with a pre-recorded guide on filmmaking, which will be available on www.globalvillage.com
All workshops are free to attend and will provide Young Directors Awards competition participants with invaluable insight, learnings and tools to bring to their film production and impress the judges.
Entry requirements for the Young Directors Award competition:
- Video entries should be filmed and created by the participant and should not exceed 4 minutes
- Entries can be recorded on a phone, video camera or any other device
- The competition is open to UAE residents only aged between 5 and 14 years old
- Any dialogue should be in English or have English subtitles
- Videos must be submitted before the competition closing date of February 1, 2023.
- Submissions should be uploaded to YouTube as an “unpublished” video
- The YouTube link should then be shared on the Global Village online entry form: globalvillage.ae/young-directors-award
- Entries will be judged on creativity, originality, and wonderfulness
- The creators of the shortlisted entries will be interviewed by Bloom World Academy’s Committee
- Finalists will be invited to the award ceremony at Global Village where the winners will be announced
For more information about the competition and the submissions process, please visit globalvillage.ae/young-directors-award
Follow the Global Village social media channels for the latest updates:
Find out more about how Bloom World Academy is making waves in the education sector by visiting www.bloomworldacademy.ae and their social media channels:
Global Village is Dubai’s leading family entertainment and cultural attraction with a unique shopping experience at 30 pavilions each representing a different country. Global Village also offers a variety of dining options from different cuisines, along with thrill rides and children rides at the Fantasy Island. Launched in 1997, Global Village was first based on the Creek side then Oud Metha then Dubai Festival City, until it found a permanent home in 2005 on Sheikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Road Exit 37.