INSEAD faculty members honoured at Thinkers50 awards
INSEAD, the leading international business school, announced that Professor Herminia Ibarra has won the 2013 Thinkers50 Leadership Award. In addition, Professor Ibarra was joined by Professors W. Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne in being named to the biennial Thinkers50 list – the definitive global ranking of thought leaders in management and innovation. Professors Kim and Mauborgne were jointly-placed second overall, while Professor Ibarra was ranked at number nine on the list of the business world’s top 50 thinkers. The achievement is representative of the school’s growing global presence.
Professor Ibarra, whose research and teaching focuses on professional and leadership development, as well as women’s careers and career transition, also appeared on the 2011 shortlist. This year, she was recognised with the Leadership Award. She is the author of Working Identity: Unconventional Strategies for Reinventing Your Career (HBR Press, 2003). Her current research examines CEO leadership and corporate performance, and includes co-authoring “The Best Performing CEOs in the World,” (Harvard Business Review, 2010).
Recently-appointed Dean of INSEAD, Ilian Mihov, said: “We are extremely proud to have three of our faculty recognised by the Thinkers50. The awards and rankings feature some of the world’s best thinkers, who are reshaping businesses and societies on an international scale – reflecting our own commitment at INSEAD to producing exemplary global talent through a vibrant and challenging intellectual environment.”
Miguel Lobo, Director of Abu Dhabi Campus, Associate Professor of Decision Sciences, INSEAD said, “We are delighted that one of our global faculty has been recognised for her contribution to Leadership development. Professor Ibarra has dedicated her career to promoting women’s careers in particular and we congratulate her on receiving this accolade. It was also an exceptional honour for us to have so many of our faculty shortlisted especially one of our Abu Dhabi based faculty, Professor Hal Gregersen. In addition to his global recognition and impact, Hal Gregersen has made a tremendous contribution to the intellectual environment in the Abu Dhabi campus, and left a mark through the many executive development programs he directed and delivered to Emirati executives and organizations.”
The INSEAD Faculty named as Thinkers50 finalists include:
- Hal Gregersen – Senior Affiliate Professor of Innovation and Leadership and former director of INSEAD Executive Education’s Learning to Lead programme
- Laurence Capron – Professor of Strategy, The Paul Desmarais Chaired Professor of Partnership and Active Ownership and founder and director of INSEAD Executive Education’s M&As and Corporate Strategy programme;
- Morten Hansen – Professor of Entrepreneurship;
- W Chan Kim – The Boston Consulting Group Bruce D. Henderson Chaired Professor of International Management and key contributor to the launch of INSEAD Executive Education’s Blue Ocean Strategy programme;
- Renee Mauborgne – The INSEAD Distinguished Fellow of Strategy and International Management and key contributor to the launch of INSEAD Executive Education’s Blue Ocean Strategy programme; and
- Gianpiero Petriglieri – Associate Professor of Organisational Behaviour and director of INSEAD Executive Education’s Management Acceleration Programme
Candidates are identified and scrutinised through a combination of open polling on the Thinkers50 Website and input from an international team of advisers based on 10 criteria, including originality and practicality of ideas, international outlook, ability to inspire and presentation style.
As one of the world's leading and largest graduate business schools, INSEAD offers participants a truly global educational experience. With campuses in Europe (France), Asia (Singapore) and Middle East (Abu Dhabi), and alliances with top institutions, INSEAD's business education and research spans around the globe. Our 154 renowned faculty members from 40 countries inspire more than 1,400 students in our degree and PhD programmes. In addition, more than 11,000 executives participate in INSEAD's executive education programmes each year.
Buy credits to publish your articles on Al Bawaba Biz here