MasterCard start path on a mission to engage best startups from Middle East and Africa
Technology and data are transforming the way consumers and businesses interact with each other, driving a need to bring new ideas to market with greater speed. The right corporate-startup partnership gives startups an accelerated path to scale innovative solutions.
The MasterCard Start Path Global program has been designed with that objective in mind and has launched a call for applications across the globe. Since 2014, Start Path has provided more than 60 startups a variety of operational support, mentorship, and investment to develop the next generation of commerce solutions.
Start Path has seen success in the MEA region and is intensifying its search as a continuing reminder of the innovation potential of local startups. In MEA, the program is currently working closely with several startups including Saida, which has developed an app that uses the data on the customers’ smartphones to underwrite loans to them in minutes. The app just launched in Kenya and has been instrumental in providing over 16,000 loans.
“Startups are actively experimenting with new solutions aimed at transforming the status quo across a wide variety of industries including financial services, retail, and healthcare,” said Stephane Wyper, Global Lead of MasterCard Start Path. “We can provide critical support through operational expertise and access to a steady pipeline of customers, channels and partners. In just two years, Start Path Global has built a strong record of helping startups transform innovations into sustainable business propositions.”
Each quarter, MasterCard Start Path recruits a new class of startups to embark on the six-month virtual program. The program is currently accepting applications for its next class. The application window to join the next class is open until Monday, March 21, 2016. To apply, visit: www.startpath.com. The program is open to all non-US based startups.
How to Apply to Start Path Global:
- Submit your application at www.f6s.com/mastercardstartpathglobal2016 by 5pm GMT on Monday, March 21, 2016
- Receive email confirmation of your application from the Start Path team
- For some companies, the Start Path team will contact you for a call to further discuss your application.
- The Start Path team will invite 20 companies to a Pitch Day in Toronto on May 11 and 12, 2016
- The Pitch Day is an opportunity not only to pitch for selection into the program, but also to meet with big-brand partners of the program.
- Eight companies will be provided with an offer to join the program.
- The program will kick off with an immersion week in June 2016 (location to be confirmed)
Two information sessions will be held to walk interested groups through the application process:
- Wednesday, March 16, 9am GMT
- Wednesday, March 16, 5pm GMT
To register, please click here: www.startpathglobal.youcanbook.me
Electronic payments have the ability to create a world with greater opportunities for all. To take us beyond borders, to new markets. Beyond mere moments, to meaningful experiences. That's the power of a World Beyond Cash®. And that's Priceless®.
Sheikh Zayed Road,
Dubai Internet City,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Buy credits to publish your articles on Al Bawaba Biz here