OSN to Open ASLI Studios for Region’s Talented Content Creators 24/7 During Ramadan
OSN, the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region’s leading entertainment network, is boosting its support for local content creators by opening its ASLI Studios 24 hours a day, 7 days a week until the end of Ramadan.
ASLI (meaning “the real deal”, “one-of-a-kind”, “original” in many languages),is a trailblazer on the MENA region’s short and medium-form content scene, acting as the first combined production, licensing, education and multifunctional workspace ecosystem for creatives to collaborate, produce and broadcast their work, digitally and globally.
This Ramadan, ASLI community members can work around-the-clock from the ASLI Studios in the heart of Dubai Media City, while non-members can access the same space for as little as AED80 for 24 hours inclusive of overnight lockers, recording equipment and editing software spread across six different areas of the creative playground:
- The Music Room – an acoustically treated modular live room kitted out with guitars, a drum kit, a keyboard and a ukulele, with moveable melody-kitsch furniture that can be reconfigured for jams, rehearsals, and recordings.
- The Shipping Container - a green screen room for tests and shoots with state-of-the-art equipment.
- Collab Booth - A semi-sound-proofed train carriage is available for those who enjoy recording podcasts, meeting new faces and all-night brainstorms about music, film, art and media.
- The Living Room - An interchangeable vintage area which features ideal selfie-lighting and access to live-streaming technology and is suited for interviews, vlogs and fashion shoots.
- The Middleground is for workstations featuring iMacs and software to plug in and edit, as well as a large floor space with a double-sided magnetic wall to brainstorm or storyboard.
- The Creative Couch -ASLI’s educational arm for workshops on the business and practical elements of production,is a stage area for screenings, talks, complete with a projector screen, audio/visual unit and HD live streaming technology.
Access to ASLI Studios is free for ASLI community members (any content creators that work with ASLI in a production or licensing capacity). For non-members, as an introductory offer, OSN has developed affordable and flexible pricing to encourage use of the space, from AED80 for 24 hours, AED500 for 1 week or AED1,200 for 1 month. To hire individual spaces content creators can book via www.aslistudios.com. As a special offer, on Thursday of every week during Ramadan, ASLIStudios will be offered to non-members for free between 9am to 6pm, subject to pre-booking and availability, by reserving a spot via www.aslistudios.com.
Ismat Abidi, Media Lawyer at OSN & Founder and Executive Producer of ASLI, said: “The very nature of production or any creative project can’t always fit into a 9-6pm timeframe to be able to fulfil its storytelling potential. Every space in ASLI Studios was designed through the eyes and minds of a creative first, and we at OSN and ASLI understand the practical need of a 24-hour facility. There is no obligation to create content for any platform – we simply want people to come in to share and create stories. With initiatives such as the location fees waiver by the Dubai Film and TV Commission (DFTC) during the Year of Zayed, it’s a great time to be a content creator in Dubai.”
ASLI content (both licensed and produced) is opinion-shaping storytelling from the region, for a global audience. It is subtitled in both English and Arabic and available for free through WAVO, OSN’s online TV service, where it complements world-class content from studios such as HBO, Disney, Paramount and Discovery.
OSN is the ultimate destination for the widest choice of brand new premium Western, Arabic, South Asian (Hindi, Urdu, Bengali, Malayalam and Tamil) and Filipino entertainment in the Middle East and Africa.
OSN is the home of nearly 140 channels filled with great value entertainment, offering viewers in the MENA region exclusive access to the latest blockbuster movies, top rated series, sports, documentaries, news, kid’s entertainment and live talk shows. The movie offering includes over a 100 uncut and uninterrupted movie premieres a month so viewers can watch them the way they were meant to be watched.
Buy credits to publish your articles on Al Bawaba Biz here