Xerox launches a new tool to help businesses reduce their carbon footprint
Sustainability initiatives are on the rise. To help meet this demand, Xerox is responding with a new tool to help businesses across the globe reduce their environmental impact, without compromising the speed or quality of print documents.
During the printing process, square computer pixels are converted into circles that can be read by the printing device, creating an overlap in ink and toner coverage but using an intelligent software, the Toner Optimizer tool from Xerox can detect and eliminate overlapping pixels, as well as the unnecessary use and overuse of ink and toner – reducing waste and print-related costs.
The new optimizing tool is designed to help clients:
- Gain visibility into the print environment: The tool enables business clients to gain visibility into their print infrastructure, including directly connected USB devices, capturing information such as job tracking details, toner and paper usage, or number of connected users and printed pages.
- Demonstrate environmental responsibility and accountability: The tool’s ability to identify and remove unnecessary pixelsduring printing helps businesses support sustainability initiatives and reduce toner consumption and waste, which subsequently results in less toner transportation and packaging.
- Achieve optimal print results: The toner optimizer tool uses advanced algorithms to identify different elements on the page, such as text, graphics and images, to enable high-quality printing of a variety of documents.
- Integrate into current MPS or IT environments: Self-discovery and self-configuring techniques enable the tool to seamlessly integrate into print environments or can be adjusted to meet specific requirements within user groups or applications. A desktop software-enabled tool runs in the background and is invisible to end-users so there’s no interruption to existing business processes or workflow.
- Make data-driven decisions: The collection and reporting of job-related data enables businesses to better manage resources by making data-driven decisions and identifying further cost-saving opportunities.
The new solution is part of Xerox’s three-phased approach to MPS – assess and optimize, secure and integrate, and automate and simplify – to help clients manage their business demands and resources more effectively.
The Toner Optimizer tool is not yet available in the UAE.
Xerox Corporation is a leading global enterprise for business process and document management. Through its broad portfolio of technology and services, Xerox provides the essential back-office support that clears the way for clients to focus on what they do best: their real business.
Headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut, Xerox provides leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size.