Vodafone Qatar will slash jobs by ten percent, after reporting its sixth consecutive quarterly loss, Reuters reports.
The telecoms operator, which is 23 percent owned by Vodafone and 22 percent by state-run Qatar Foundation, also said it would not pay a dividend for this financial year.
In a statement on Tuesday, the telecoms operator revealed that its fourth-quarter loss nearly tripled from a year earlier to QAR 180m compared to QAR 66m a year earlier. Net losses for the 2015-16 financial year have doubled from 465.7 million riyals to 215.8 million from last year.
"The past year has been difficult for the company with the impact of structural changes in our industry, namely the increasing use of data at the expense of international voice traffic and sustained price competition," Naimi said in the statement.
© 2000 - 2022 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)