The suspect was left alone with the Egyptian boy to cut his hair at his family house.
A 26-year-old man has been charged with sexual assault for allegedly raping a minor boy at his house.
The Court of First Instance was told the suspect was left alone with the Egyptian boy to cut his hair at his family house in Al Qusais.
The suspect, a farmer, was accused of raping the boy on several occasions, the most recent one was in December last year.
The boy told the investigators he lived with his father and stepmother after his mother's death. His father would often bring the farmer, his colleague, to their villa in Al Qusais to cut his hair.
"In December 2016, my parents brought him and left the house." The boy recounted how the suspect entered his bedroom and sat next to him on bed. He asked him about his studies and suddenly hugged and kissed him roughly. He could not push him away or stop him from raping him.
He told he was raped by the man for seven times and sometimes the man would rape him at his room even when his parents were in the villa. He confided to his psychiatrist about it.
The boy's 57-year-old Egyptian father, a farmer, said that in July 2017, he took his son to a psychiatric hospital on the latter's request as he was mentally disturbed.
"The boy attended therapy sessions with a psychiatrist for six months. On February 4, I heard from the specialist that my son was sexually abused by a man (the defendant) on several occasions at our house."
The father took his son straight away to the police station to report the incident.
The accused was arrested by officers from the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners' Affairs while trying to flee the country on March 22 this year.
The forensic report results show the victim was sexually abused.
The trial will resume on July 22.
This article has been adapted from its original source.
Copyright © 2019 Khaleej Times. All Rights Reserved.