Meghan Markle’s Mother Gets Ready to Move to UK

Published August 12th, 2018 - 11:00 GMT
Meghan with mother, Doria Ragland (Twitter)
Meghan with mother, Doria Ragland (Twitter)

Meghan Markle’s mother Doria Ragland - the only member of the bride’s family at the royal wedding - is said to be ‘preparing to move to Britain’ to be closer to her daughter.

The 61-year-old is apparently ‘beside herself with excitement’ at soon becoming neighbours of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

One friend has said Doria could be making the move as soon as next month, in time for her 62nd birthday.

Doria was reportedly ‘deeply impressed’ by the Royal Family, especially the Queen, during and after her daughter’s wedding, revealed the Express.

 

Unlike her ex-husband Thomas Markle, and the many other relatives who seemingly cashed in on the marriage with exclusive interviews, Doria has never publicly said anything about her daughter’s royal journey.

Mr Markle confessed that he lied to the Prince when Prince Harry asked him if he had co-operated with a paparazzi photographer to pose for shots – one of which showed him apparently being fitted for a wedding suit.

The 74-year-old made global headlines in May when he pulled out of walking his daughter down the aisle days before her wedding at Windsor, blaming a heart attack.

His shock decision came the day after The Mail on Sunday revealed he had been colluding with a paparazzi photographer to pose for staged photos.

Commons leader Andrea Leadsom yesterday praised one of Mr Johnson's former deputy London mayors after she branded his critics as 'disingenuous'.

In a WhatsApp group for Tory MPs, Mrs Leadsom joined in praise for an article in which Munira Mirza wrote: 'Mockery of religious practices is not everyone's choice of tactic, but to act like it is beyond the pale is disingenuous and hypocritical.'

Mrs Leadsom wrote: 'Agree on the Munira article – she's a smart lady.'

However ,Tory MP Nadine Dorries wrote in the WhatsApp group: 'The party has f**ked up big time and one of the worst f**k ups has been the Prime Minister appearing on national TV calling for Boris to apologise. That went down really, really badly.'

Mr Johnson, who is thought to be on holiday in Italy, has not commented since his column was published on Monday.

A source close to Mr Lewis last night rejected the accusation he had breached confidentiality rules, saying: 'He has not discussed the investigation with anybody. He explained the code of conduct process to two MPs.'

 

This article has been adapted from its original source.


© Associated Newspapers Ltd.

You may also like