Yazidi's death at the hands of Daesh doctors

Published October 13th, 2015 - 08:00 GMT

ISIS (Daesh) 'doctors' are murdering patients in their care with poison injections if they suspect them to be anti-jihadist, the bereaved wife of one of their victims has revealed.

Parishan, 25, an escaped Yazidi slave, told MailOnline how her husband Nasser was murdered by twisted physicians who abandoned the Hippocratic Oaths to protect and heal people at the terror group's command.

Murdering hospital patients in cold blood adds to the growing body of evidence of the terror group's medieval depravity that includes brutal massacres, sick executions and wholesale sexual slavery.

ISIS, in their bid to build a Caliphate, or state, have often boated of their modern medical facilities and doctors. But Parishan's harrowing story shows that behind the glossy propaganda videos of an Islamic State Health Service, fanatical killers lurk in white doctors' coats.

While Nasser was being killed, his wife Parishan, two young daughters and sister were enslaved in the ISIS stronghold of Tal Afar where girls were traded and abused - and dozens of people were shot dead in the streets.

ISIS massacred as many as 5,000 Yazidi men, and abducted hundreds of women and young girls, when it swept through Sinjar last year. 

Parishan and her family were completely oblivious to the impending attack when ISIS sprayed their home with bullets on August 3.

'My husband was shot in the stomach and the hand. I was shot in the arm,' she said, pointing to the unsightly scar on her elbow.

Parishan and her mother-in-law rushed Nasser to Sinjar hospital, which was under complete ISIS control because most of the staff had fled to Sinjar mountain to be flown out of the besieged area.

She was treated for her wounds and discharged but Nasser was kept at the hospital for his 'more serious' wounds.

A few days later, Parishan, her two daughters and 'many other Yazidis' were abducted and taken to the ISIS-held city of Tal Afar, while his mother, Turko, 57, stayed by his side in Sinjar.

With tears in her eyes, Parishan said: 'The ISIS fighters kept telling my mother-in-law her son will be okay, [and] we will help him and that he will not die.'

But soon, the medics discarded their Hippocratic Oaths to 'benefit the sick' and 'not play God' - and began accusing him of being an enemy instead. Parishan said: 'They kept asking if his injuries were caused because he was fighting ISIS.'

It was then the corrupt physicians decided to go on their killing spree. Parishan said: 'My mother-in-law said they gave him poison.

'ISIS doctors injected my husband with two needles of poison. He died immediately. His injuries were not fatal. All Arabic doctors were with ISIS.

'They just threw his body outside the hospital. They did not even [bother to] bury him. 

Nasser was one of more than 30 patients to be killed by ISIS this way and 'many of them were healthy'.

'We have nothing here, no men. ISIS has destroyed my and my children lives,' Parishan said as she wrapped her arms tightly around her youngest daughter.

Nasser's traumatised mother was eventually allowed to leave and made her way to the Zakho refugee camp in northern Iraq, where she met up with the rest of Nasser's bereaved family.

While Nasser was in hospital, his wife Parishan, his sister Muna, 20, and his daughters Diman, one, and Roshin, two, were suffering their own nightmare in Tal Afar.

Other Yazidi sex slaves have previously told of how they were transported to Tal Afar - around 32 miles from Sinjar - before being taken to vile sex slave auctions in ISIS's other Iraqi stronghold of Mosul.

Parishan said the extremists began to parcel the women and girls out as sex slaves, adding: 'ISIS were taking the young girls and women away to abuse them.'

Her sister-in-law Muna said: 'Many people in the area - perhaps around 50 - were massacred. I saw them shoot them and I saw the mass graves.' 

Muna was allowed to visit her brother in hospital, where she noticed his life 'was not in danger'.

When she returned to Tal Afar, the entire family decided to escape, for fear they would be sold to ISIS fighters as sex slaves.

Parishan said: 'One night we fled around 1km, [and] we hid ourselves there for 50 days in a nearby village house, [and] then we escaped to the mountain.'

They made it to Zakho, where they were reunited with Nasser's mother, before finally settling in the UN-organised Cham Mishco refugee camp.

At first, Turko was unable to tell Parishan what had happened to her husband but when she confided in a local Kurdish doctor, he felt compelled to tell her daughter-in-law the truth. 

Turko has since recently been granted asylum in Germany for her 'physical and psychological injuries' but the rest of the family are still in Iraq.

They want to leave but they do not have the correct documentation to do so.

By Owen Holdaway

© Associated Newspapers Ltd.

You may also like