Disney's Troubles Continue as Star Wars IX Director Leaves

Published September 6th, 2017 - 07:43 GMT
Colin Trevorrow appears alongside Naomi Watts. (Kathy Hutchins / Shutterstock.com)
Colin Trevorrow appears alongside Naomi Watts. (Kathy Hutchins / Shutterstock.com)

Director Colin Trevorrow is no longer helming Star Wars: Episode IX, Lucasfilm announced Tuesday.

"Lucasfilm and Colin Trevorrow have mutually chosen to part ways on Star Wars: Episode IX," said a statement on the official Star Wars website. "Colin has been a wonderful collaborator throughout the development process but we have all come to the conclusion that our visions for the project differ. We wish Colin the best and will be sharing more information about the film soon."

No other details about the director's departure were immediately released. He previously helmed the 2015 blockbuster Jurassic World.

Lucasfilm said in June co-directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller had left its Han Solo standalone project -- a Star Wars spinoff -- four months into production, due to creative differences. Ron Howard is now completing that film.

Read related stories:


Copyright © UPI, 2022. All Rights Reserved.

You may also like