House of Cards Going Ahead without Kevin Spacey

Published November 5th, 2017 - 01:00 GMT
House of Cards will be proceeding without star Kevin Spacey. (Netflix)
House of Cards will be proceeding without star Kevin Spacey. (Netflix)

The creative team behind Netflix's House of Cards is writing out Kevin Spacey's character for the political drama's sixth and final season.

The Hollywood Reporter cited unnamed sources for its article about the development.

Netflix confirmed this week production on the show had been halted in the wake of allegations claiming the 58-year-old actor had sexually harassed and abused numerous people, including Star Trek Discovery actor Anthony Rapp, dating back to the 1980s.

"They shut it down to figure out how to write him out," an insider told the entertainment industry trade newspaper.

"Netflix will not be involved with any further production of House of Cardsthat includes Kevin Spacey," a Netflix representative said in an emailed statement to NBC News Friday.

"We will continue to work with MRC during this hiatus time to evaluate our path forward as it relates to the show," the statement continued, referring to its production partner Media Rights Capital.

Netflix said it also will not release as planned the biopic Gore, which Spacey starred in and produced.

Spacey's publicist announced this week the double Oscar-winner "is taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment."

Read related stories:


Copyright © UPI, 2022. All Rights Reserved.

You may also like