Omar Sharif, most well-known for his Oscar-nominated role in "Lawrence of Arabia," on Friday died at age 83.
With him he took 60 years of experience in the movie business — his earliest role as an actor was in 1954, with Arabic film "Devil of the Sahara," and his final in a short film in 2015.
He had continued to stay active in front of the screen throughout fatherhood, divorce, gambling problems and, in his final year, Altzheimer's. Here are ten of his films throughout the decades, some memorable, others less known.
1. 1960: The River of Love, with ex-wife Faten Hamama
2. 1962: Lawrence of Arabia (Columbia Pictures)
3. 1965: Doctor Zhivago (Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer)
4. 1968: Funny Girl, with Barbra Streisand (Columbia Pictures)
5. 1969: Che! (Allstar)
6. 1974: The Tamarind Seed, with Julie Andrews
7. 1984: Top Secret! (Paramount Pictures)
8. 1999: The 13th Warrior (Touchstone Pictures)
9. 2004: Hidalgo (Moviestore/REX Shutterstock)
10. 2009: The Traveller (Maxus Production)
By Hayat Norimine
© 2000 - 2023 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)