Motorola Mobility Announces the World’s Most Powerful Smartphone and the First True Android Tablet
Motorola Mobility, Inc. (NYSE: MMI) has announced a diverse range of powerful mobile devices, from the first tablet running Android 3.0 Honeycomb to the world’s most powerful smartphone -- giving consumers new ways to stay connected to their personal and business lives.
The devices incorporate unprecedented computing power and performance with innovative designs and software to provide today’s highly mobile consumers with an unmatched level of connectivity to the information and contacts they need on the go and at home. They also demonstrate Motorola Mobility’s commitment to developing intuitive technology to help simplify, connect and enrich people’s lives.
On the heels of becoming a newly independent company, Motorola Mobility showcased a portfolio of devices last week at the 2011 International CES show in Las Vegas.
“Motorola is bringing new, game-changing technologies to the marketplace that will enable consumers to do more with their mobile devices,” said Sanjay Jha, chairman and chief executive officer, Motorola Mobility. “We’re innovating across the board – not just in smartphones – as we revolutionize mobile computing with experiences that push the limits of what you thought was possible with your mobile device.”
Motorola Mobility’s new device lineup builds on the company’s established Android leadership that saw the company introduce an industry-best 23 Android smartphones in 2010. The strong 2011 product portfolio delivers even more flexible mobile experiences for work, home and play.
Motorola ATRIX: The World’s Most Powerful Smartphone
Motorola ATRIX is the world’s most powerful smartphone with a dual-core processor that is the fastest yet offered in a mobile phone. Motorola ATRIX is designed to essentially become a user’s primary digital hub to create, edit and interact with documents, media and content. This is facilitated by Motorola’s webtop application and incredible new accessory docks, such as the Laptop Dock, that provide users with a larger screen, keyboard and trackpad enabling them to have an enhanced and more interactive computer-like experience with their devices.
* A 1GHz dual-core processor capable of opening web pages twice as fast as most other smartphones, rendering games faster and displaying HD video on big-screen TVs
* A full 1 GB of RAM for twice the RAM of most smartphones to deliver effortless multi-tasking, such as watching a movie while receiving and responding to email
* The world’s first qHD pentile display for a smartphone, offering high resolution and 24-bit color, making it easier to read indoors and outdoors
* Front- and rear-facing cameras and the ability to record in HD
* Convenient biometric fingerprint reader for easily unlocking your phone while providing extra security
* Up to 48GB of storage (16GB internal and optional 32GB MicroSD card) – enough to store thousands of songs, photos and movies
The Motorola ATRIX will be available in the United States from AT&T in Q1 2011 and available in other markets later this year.
Motorola XOOM: Motorola’s First Tablet Featuring Android 3.0 Honeycomb
Motorola XOOM redefines the tablet device category by providing more ways to have fun, connect with friends and stay productive on the go. Motorola XOOM is the first device to incorporate Android 3.0 Honeycomb, Google’s powerful new operating system developed from the ground up specifically for tablets. Boasting a best-in-class dual core processor, the stylishly thin Motorola XOOM offers a ground-breaking mobile computing experience.
It is the first tablet to connect to the new Google Mobile Innovation service offering books, music and movies – anytime, anywhere – and all in HD optimized for Motorola XOOM’s 10.1-inch widescreen (16:9).
* High-definition (1280x800) 10.1-inch widescreen (16:9) display, perfect for watching HD video in landscape mode and narrow enough for convenient two-handed on-screen typing in portrait mode
* The smallest 10.1-inch tablet available, yet delivers 51 percent more video than the leading competitor relative to the front of the device
* Unique dock options allow HD content streaming to TV and easy connection to PC accessories like mouse and keyboard devices
* Includes a fully functioning HD camcorder and a 5MP camera to view and edit videos and photos immediately
* 4G LTE upgradable
Motorola is also working to jump start the ecosystem expansion that will result from the launch of Motorola XOOM with a new version of the Android OS. Motorola has been collaborating closely with innovative application partners across a variety of categories, including gaming, entertainment, and business productivity, to optimize their applications for this new category of mobile computing devices.
The Next Generation of Smartphones That Keep Life Balanced
Motorola CLIQ 2 allows users to play hard and work hard, combining Android software and MOTOBLUR social connectivity with the addition of new business-ready functionality.
* The 3.7-inch display, faster processor and preloaded applications such as BLOCKBUSTER ONDEMAND and Amazon Kindle deliver a compelling entertainment experience
* Customizable sets of homescreens for work, home and weekend life provide easy access to the applications, shortcuts and widgets when they are most needed
* Increased business functionality includes robust calendar capabilities, corporate directory access and advanced security features
Contacts, login information, email and social networking messages are kept securely on the MOTOBLUR secure server, allowing consumers to remotely locate and wipe their phone if it is ever lost or stolen.
Motorola DROID BIONIC, the sleekly designed Android-based smartphone with LTE, delivers a mobile Internet experience that’s up to 10 times faster than 3G, meaning consumers can stream their favorite music and the latest TV shows with an unparalleled quality experience.
* A dual core processor with each core running at 1GHz, delivering up to two GHz of processing power and 512 MB RAM deliver a mobile Internet experience that’s up to 10 times faster than 3G
* Multiplayer gaming capabilities allow consumers to challenge friends to live peer-to-peer gaming, viewed through the device’s 4.3-inch qHD quality screen
* With the device’s front-facing VGA web cam and See What I See video feature, consumers can share experiences – either via Wi-Fi or 4G LTE – with family, friends and co-workers wherever they are. A rear-facing 8-megapixel camera also allows consumers to capture their favorite pictures and videos
Motorola created the mobile communications industry. We invented most of the protocols and technologies that make mobile communications possible, including the first mobile phone, the first base station and pretty much everything else in between.
Buy credits to publish your articles on Al Bawaba Biz here