The Cadillac CTS Coupe Concept makes its regional debut at the 10th Dubai International Motor Show, running from December 16th to the 20th. The premiere follows the unveiling of the production Cadillac CTS Coupe at the recently concluded Los Angeles Motor Show.
The 2011 CTS Coupe, the latest and most dramatic of the brand’s series of new designs to reach production, is slated to arrive in Cadillac showrooms in the summer of 2010. The CTS Coupe is a new luxury sports coupe designed to become the centerpiece of the brand’s revised lineup.
“CTS Coupe is the new focal point of Cadillac, expressing both our design and technical capabilities,” said Bryan Nesbitt, Cadillac general manager. “It is intended to appeal to a new generation of car enthusiasts.”
The Coupe joins the CTS Sport Sedan as the foundation of Cadillac’s lineup. A high-performance V-Series edition of the Coupe will also be released in 2010.
The CTS Coupe’s design carries over virtually unchanged from the concept car that was introduced at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, and makes its first regional appearance at the Dubai International Motor Show.
The Coupe is a classic 2+2 layout bolstered with advanced technology, such as a rear-view camera system and a performance-oriented suspension system coupled to rear-wheel or all-wheel drive.
“Cadillac has always been an emotional brand – it’s about delivering art regardless of body style,” said Max Wolff, director of exterior design for Cadillac. “With the CTS Coupe, it was about taking something very strong – the CTS Sport Sedan – and extending its potential.”
The coupe has the same wheelbase as the CTS, but an overall height that is approximately 51 mm lower and an overall length that is 51 mm shorter.
Although it draws from its sport sedan sister, the CTS Coupe shares only the instrument panel, console, headlamps, front fenders and grille. Key design features include:
• Classic hardtop styling, with no conventional B-pillar
• Touch-pad operation for the doors removes the need for conventional door handles, creating a technical, clean profile
• A windshield laid at a faster angle (62.3 degrees) and a long, nearly horizontal backglass area combine to create a sleek, aerodynamic look
• Sculpted lower front fascia with unique brake-cooling vents
• Diamond cut-style rear fascia with mesh lower grilles
• Center-outlet exhaust with twin dihedral-shaped tips that pass through the rear fascia
• Signature vertical lighting, highlighted with LED light pipes
• Rear spoiler integrated into the center high-mounted stop lamp
• Sculpted roof-mounted antenna
The CTS Coupe extends Cadillac’s emerging performance credentials. The CTS Coupe’s standard powertrain consists of a direct injected 3.6L V-6 and six-speed automatic transmission with Driver Shift Control. Direct injection technology delivers fuel more precisely to increase the efficiency of combustion, enabling more power while maintaining fuel economy and lowering emissions.
The 3.6L DI engine is rated at 304 horsepower (net), channeled through a chassis that delivers sports car performance without punishment. The hardware includes an independent short/long arm (SLA) front suspension system, with hydraulic control arm front bushings; and a multi-link rear suspension mounted on a fully isolated subframe. Also included are four-wheel disc performance brakes, premium steering and limited-slip differential.
The CTS Coupe comes standard with 18-inch tires and wheels and a higher level of road holding capability. StabiliTrak, the advanced electronic chassis control system, is standard.
CTS Coupe blends handcrafted luxury with a contemporary, driver-focused interior that supports the car’s high-performance capabilities. The interior includes hand-sewn accents covering the door, centre storage console and instrument panel trim. 14-way adjustable Recaro sport seats, previously exclusively offered on Cadillac’s V-Series model, will be offered on all CTS Coupe models as an option.
The car offers a host of advanced technologies, including:
• Integrated iPod/MP3 capability
• 40GB hard drive, including the ability to store music and pause-and-replay live radio
• Pop-up navigation system
• Adaptive forward lighting system
• Bluetooth connectivity
• Standard Keyless Access and Smart Remote Start
• Rear Camera system
• Bose 5.1 Cabin Surround™ audio system
© 2000 - 2019 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)