In line with its ongoing expansion strategy, Fawaz Abdulaziz Alhokair & Company announced today that it will launch 15 new fashion brands in the Kingdom over the coming few months. Adding to its current powerhouse line-up of 42 brands (as at 31/03/06) – including the likes of Zara, Massimo Dutti, La Senza, Celio, Adams and many others – the company will shortly introduce new brands born in the region and overseas.
Among the brands that the company will be offering to Saudi consumers are:
• ANOTAH, a women’s and childrenswear label formed in Kuwait offering versatile international collection
• Pull and Bear from the Inditex Group catering to the youth and is considered to be a reference point for casual, laid-back clothing
• Du Pareil au Meme, a leading fast-fashion childrenswear brand that currently dominates the French market
• Ladybird, a UK brand that specializes in newborn clothing
• LaSenza Sprit, a new lifestyle ‘outerwear’ and sportswear for ladies
• LaSenza Express collection of cutting-edge technology lingerie products made from anti-cellulite, micro-fibre fabrics which contain micro-nutrients
• Sinequanone, an unconventional Parisian brand emphasizing discrete luxury
• Elvi, womenswear from the UK specializing in tops, sweaters, handbags and accessories
• Orsay, womenswear from Germany catering to the young & fashionable with good value outfits
• Mamas, Spanish designer maternity wear for expectant mothers specializing in dress, blouses, jackets, skirts and innerwear
• Mia and Diva, from the Arcadia Group are a pair of fashion jewelry lines that appeal, respectively, to the mature and youth segments.
• QUIZ, a UK brand offers womenswear range comprising evening and casual wear, footwear and accessories like Bags, Belts & Legwarmers.
• Germany’s ‘BIBA’, offers collections for the modern woman who enjoys what she wears. ‘BIBA’ represents a vertical and fashionable women’s outerwear coordinates concept.
• Joe Bloggs another UK brand is a ‘Youthwear’ - targeting boys 7-16 years with “Edgy, directional clothing with a real street style look”.
Alhokair strongly believes that there are extensive opportunities for growth in the Saudi fashion retail market. Central to its long-term mid-market brand strategy, the company is focused on offering the latest and most successful global brands to consumers in the Kingdom through win-win franchise relationships.
Dr. Abdulmajeed Alhokair, Chief Executive Officer, Fawaz Abdulaziz Alhokair & Company, said: “The fashion business never stands still, and that’s especially true in the fast-moving Saudi market. Consumers here in the Kingdom are tuned into global trends, which means that we have to stay ahead of the curve. These new franchise agreements illustrate that the company is doing exactly that.”
“Alhokair dominates the fashion retail sector in Saudi Arabia, so the challenge for us today is to stay on top. By introducing both new brands and new stores, we will maintain and even grow our leadership position,” he added.
Table1: Fawaz Abdulaziz Alhokair And Company market share
Company Womens wear Footwear Childrens wear Means wear Eyewear Market
Alhokair 48.4% 66.9% 49.3% 37.9% 2.0% 48.3%
Competition 51.6% 33.1% 50.7% 62.1% 98.0% 51.7%
Fawaz Abdulaziz Alhokair & Co. is an extremely competitive player in nearly every key product area in the fashion retail business, including womenswear, footwear, childrenswear, menswear, eyewear, department stores and home furnishings. Its franchise relationships are key drivers of its success in these various areas and have recorded year on year growth.
The Company has developed an uncanny knack of spotting fashion trends, consumer tastes and consumer’s spending habits. The company has added brands each year, and effectively moved into new segments through acquisition of new franchises.
Today Alhokair represents a substantial number of upscale international retail brand names and continues to introduce new clothing franchises to the retail sector in the Kingdom. The two-pronged strategy to develop deep and rich relationships with leading international fashion groups across Europe, UK, USA & Canada and also with individual international brands has paid rich dividends.
About Fawaz Abdulaziz Alhokair & Company
Fawaz Abdulaziz Alhokair & Company is one of the fastest growing and dynamic enterprises in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia employing more than 2500 people. It has a reputation built on innovation and successful fashion retail franchising and trades over 42 brands through a network of 617 stores as on 31/03/06. In 2005/06 the Company had a turnover of SAR 1.293 billion, served more than 12 million customers and sold over 15 million items. The Company has built its success on forging alliances with the world’s most successful fashion retail brands including: Zara, Massimo Dutti, La Senza, Aldo, Nine West, Promod and Wallis. Its fresh approach to retailing is meeting the needs of a fast-growing and increasingly cosmopolitan Saudi population. The Company’s unique ability to spot trends and identify international brands that appeal most to Saudi consumers has resulted in the perfect meeting of demand and supply.
© 2000 - 2022 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)