The Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company’s Board of Directors, headed by its chairman and Finance Minister HE Shaikh Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Khalifa, visited Gulf Air headquarters today.
Gulf Air Acting President and Chief Executive Ahmed Al Hammadi, along with other senior management members received the delegation and toured Gulf Air’s premises as well as the maintenance hangar at Bahrain International Airport.
Shaikh Ahmed said the visit was in line with his entity’s keenness to follow up on developmental plans and overall technical, financial and administrative state of the national carrier.
"The visit reflects the Kingdom of Bahrain’s full support, resolve and dedication to understand the operations and issues related to the national carrier, which provides a fundamental support to the national economy,” he added.
“The government is very interested in enhancing the ability of the national carrier to surmount challenges facing the air travel industry.”
HE Shaikh Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Khalifa was accompanied by other Board Members including Jawad Habib Jawad, Murad Ali Murad, Sabah Khalil Al Moayyed, Dr. Zakariyya Higris, Talal Ali Al Zain, Mohammed Ameen Hilaiwa secretary to the board and the company’s deputy chief executive Mahmood Hashim Al Kooheji, who is also a Gulf Air board member.
"We are pleased to receive the Chairman and Board Members of the Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company to Gulf Air," said Al Hammadi.
"This visit reflects the government’s support for Gulf Air and the care and attention it places on understanding the operations and issues related to the national airline.”
About Gulf Air
Founded in 1950, Gulf Air, owned by the Kingdom of Bahrain and the Sultanate of Oman, is the only truly Pan Gulf carrier in the Middle East region.
The regional, geographic and cultural values that the airline has embraced over more than half a century are still central to defining its brand and service ethos.
Today the airline’s network stretches from Europe to Asia and covers 50 cities in 30 countries. The fleet comprises 34 aircraft and has the distinct advantage of possessing the strongest network across the Middle East.
A platform for sustained commercial operation has been established over the past three years as part of a multi-phased turnaround programme. It has also provided a framework for a succession of innovative products and services including the unique Sky Chefs and Sky Nannies that form part of Gulf Air’s ’smart airline, successful business’ vision.
International recognition has been achieved as a result of the turnaround programme leading to numerous awards for the airline’s innovative and high quality products and services: These include:
• Best Onboard Catering in First and Business Class (Skytrax World Airline Catering Awards 2005)
• Best designed in-flight magazine (American Creativity Awards,2005)
• Middle East Leading First Class Airline (World Travel Awards 2005)
• World’s Leading Airport Lounge (World Travel Awards 2005)
• Middle East & North African Platinum Best Airline (MENA Travel Awards 2004
• Most Improved Airline (Skytrax Awards 2004)
• Middle East First Class Airline (Arabian Business Awards)
• Best new product launch for in-flight services (PAX international Readership Awards)
• Best First Class Onboard Food (Skytrax Food Category 2004)
• Best Business Class Check-in (Skytrax Check-in Category 2004)
• Middle East region’s best airport restaurant for its restaurant in Bahrain International Airport lounge (PAX International Readership Awards 2005)
© 2000 - 2022 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)