With innovative and exciting new products being exhibited by companies from over 50 countries, The Big 5 exhibition 2009 is set to provide a unique one stop shop for the international construction industry. Some 3,000 exhibitors from every major exporting nation will be showcasing everything from asbestos-free cement to waterless urinals which incorporate a TV screen, and fast-build wooden buildings to state of the art sectional steel water tanks.
Research has shown that there are some US$3.1 trillion construction projects in the Gulf, and The Big 5 provides the ideal opportunity for engineers, architects and contractors to ensure they get a slice of the action. The importance of the event globally is demonstrated by the fact that exhibitors from 52 countries have chosen to attend this year. All of the major continents of the world will be represented, with a number of innovative product launches set to happen during the show:
· Europe – With over 100 years experience, UK-based Balmoral Sectional Tanks Ltd is now a leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of GRP and sectional steel water tanks. Recognising the enormous potential of the region, it will be announcing the opening of its first Middle East base and, along with its acquired partner Horsely Bridge Tanks, will be showcasing its state of the art products. The team will be on hand to provide advice on the best way to store and transport water efficiently, effectively and economically. CINCA from Portugal has a new range of tiles which incorporates wood into ceramics, and will also be announcing the opening of a new regional facility which will specialise in manufacturing these tiles. URIMAT DEUTSCHLAND AG will be launching Urimat Ecovision, the world’s first waterless urinal, which has an integrated 7" LCD TV – a green and entertaining product.
· Asia – Hume Cemboard Industries from Malaysia will be launching a new type of environmentally friendly cement which is 100% asbestos free – particularly topical given the recent debate in the UAE about introducing asbestos-use regulations. In addition being asbestos-free, the product is fire resistant, moisture resistance, weather resistant, sound insulated, thermal-insulated and highest resistant to termite and rodent attack.
· Middle East - Plastbau from the UAE has a lightweight cement which helps to reduce construction time by 40% and costs by 30%. For the first time in the UAE, Dutch Digital Distributers will showcase its new solar powered air cooling and hot water products, which provide effective ways for buildings to reduce their carbon emissions. Al Rajhi Holdings from Saudi Arabia will be bringing six of its brands to exhibit, providing a spectrum of services across several sectors of the industry, with Unipods, prefabricated bathroom pods; Cladtech, providing aluminum, glass, doors and windows; Romeo, and interior design specialist; Pretech, manufacturing prefabricated concrete; Madagypsum fabricating plasterboards and plasters; and Technobit which produces membranes.
· North America – Canadian-based Unicel Architecture will be showcasing its new product, Vision Control Mini, which is a 1” airspace louvered insulating glass unit, ideal for door insertions. The unit is environmentally friendly as it helps reduce energy consumption, maximizes natural light, controls solar heat gain and reduces maintenance requirements. From the USA, Laser Products Industries will be bringing its state of the art LT-55 XL Precision Laser Templator which is used for the Granite/Marble & Solid Surfaces, Glass, Cabinet/Woodworking Industries, and provides CAD ready dxf files directly on the job site.
· South America - Opt for Wood Architecture (OWA) from Chile create prefabricated wooden buildings, and will be showcasing a range of innovative construction systems which are created out of wood. With only 8 weeks construction time for commercial buildings and 3-4 weeks for residential, all buildings can be dismantled and reassembled with ease and are the ideal solution for anyone requiring immediate accommodation.
Paula Al Chami, Show Director for The Big 5, said, “Against the background of a global economic recession, there is a general feeling from our clients that the Middle East is starting to stabilise. This has been reflected in our previous clients re-participating at the show, with several new entrants from Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, India and Egypt to name a few. The Big 5 is at a time when the industry will come together, network and put a considerable amount of the speculation to rest.”
As the largest event of its kind in the Middle East, The Big 5 provides an unrivalled platform for architects, engineers, contractors and developers from the public and private sectors to network, source and specify the latest building and construction products and services. It will also feature an impressive line-up of added value elements including a Key Buyers Programme, Product Seminars, a Conference Programme and the acclaimed Gaia Awards.
Other exhibitors include RAR Paints and Porcellan from the UAE, Carpets International from Malaysia, Euroslot and La Rochere SA from France, Belgium’s Kingspan Door Components, Canadian Nathan Allan Glass and the Lapesa Group Empresarial from Spain.
© 2000 - 2019 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)