Rapid Adoption Rate Demonstrates Industry Traction while Underscoring Demand for Singular Information Management Approach with Integrated Deduplication, Archiving & Virtualization Support
CommVault has amassed a significant number of Simpana® 8 customers since the January 2009 release of its next-generation enterprise data management software, representing the fastest adoption rate in the company’s recent history. Approximately 10,500 customers now rely on CommVault® technology to reduce costs while driving significant operational efficiencies through the company’s Singular Information Management® approach.
CommVault also reports that more than 350 organizations are using its embedded software deduplication to reduce the footprint of long-term vaulting or compliance copies by up to 90 percent. In developing the industry’s first global embedded software deduplication, CommVault has been awarded multiple patents with numerous applications pending. Additionally, more than 1,500 companies are taking advantage of CommVault Simpana Archive software to meet long-term data retention and compliance requirements.
According to Gartner, Inc’s Dataquest Insight: Storage Management Software Market Share Analysis, Worldwide, 2008 , HSM/Archiving software grew 16.3 percent in 2008 and CommVault was the fastest-growing vendor, with 46.4 percent growth based on revenue for 2008.
With enhanced support for both VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V, CommVault has seen the total number of companies turning to Simpana 8 software for data reduction or to better manage virtualized environments approximately double compared to the number of deduplication or virtualization customers that purchased Simpana 7 within the first five months of its release.
From its release in July 2007 through March 2009, sales of CommVault’s advanced data and information management solutions, which include deduplication, archiving and search functionality, have been growing at a quarterly average year-over-year rate of 69 percent.
Singular Information Management Yields Cost Savings and Operational Efficiencies
• CommVault leverages a single code base and common platform that all Simpana software modules share as part of the company’s holistic data management solution. This singular architecture eliminates the need for disparate “point products” requiring additional management interfaces, hardware infrastructure, training and expense.
• Simpana software simplifies the way businesses store and manage data to ensure compliance, reduce risk and improve operational efficiencies while also reducing data management and related storage costs by up to 40 percent.
• Simpana software’s single platform approach provides customers with a centralized view of their entire data management infrastructure, which yields a variety of operational benefits, including increased flexibility of existing storage assets, improved reliability and scalability, as well as simplified management of storage environments.
Customers Extract Significant Business Value from Simpana Software
• Jon Krueger, IT Operations Manager, Associa:
o “Associa uses CommVault Simpana to protect more than a hundred VMware virtual machines. The Simpana 8 Universal Virtual Server Agent has greatly simplified both the configuration and ongoing management of virtual machine backup through automation and intuitive user interfaces and controls. Block-level incremental image backup, combined with Simpana block-level deduplication, has helped reduce our VMware backup storage footprint by at least 50 percent.”
• Zach Croxford, Corporate IT Manager, Sundt Construction:
o “The overarching value of standardizing on CommVault Simpana for our enterprise-wide data management demands can be measured in the hours gained, the costs saved and the underlying confidence that every aspect of our information is completely protected and readily accessible to accommodate any corporate or e-discovery requirement. We count on CommVault as a major stakeholder in our business’ continuing success.”
• Jeremy Steinberg, Programmer / Analyst Network Security, Regional Municipality of Waterloo:
o “We’ve been a long time CommVault customer and were really excited to implement some of the new capabilities that came out with Simpana 8 this year across our 60+ Windows, UNIX and Linux servers and assorted applications. The deduplication capability in particular has been easy to implement as we upgraded our CommVault environment, and we’ve been pleased to see savings of up to 90 percent on our data capacity requirements going forward.”
• Craig Law, Systems Architect, Information Technology Branch, State of California Employment Development Department:
o “EDD currently relies on CommVault Simpana software for data backup and restores. With CommVault Simpana software, EDD intends to leverage existing infrastructure and technical resources, thereby improving overall data administration and reducing support costs. By seamlessly activating additional data management functionality for de-duplication and e-discovery requirements, EDD expects to derive substantial cost savings versus purchasing and deploying new and disparate products.”
• N. Robert Hammer, CommVault’s Chairman, President and CEO:
o “Now more than ever, companies are seeking affordable yet powerful solutions for solving persistent data management problems. CommVault’s proven track record of technology innovation and product integration has set the bar for robust, easy-to-use solutions that work together seamlessly and can be managed holistically from a centralized interface. Only CommVault can deliver on these capabilities today, which we believe is the major factor in driving Simpana 8 adoption, and we are encouraged by the high adoption rates that we are seeing.”
• Lauren Whitehouse, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group:
o ”Managing the protection and retention of data through its lifecycle of usefulness to the business is not an easy task. There's a balancing act between reducing costs and complexity while adding capabilities to meet goals. Implementing multiple point-level solutions can, at times, only exacerbate the problem. That's probably why Simpana 8 software has been as successful as it has. It takes what can be a complicated problem and makes it simple by providing end-to-end visibility for data management. Their unified platform approach with new features such as native block-level deduplication provides users the flexibility they need without breaking their IT budgets in the process.”
© 2000 - 2022 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)