D-Link Middle East, the end-to-end computer network solutions provider for consumers and businesses, today introduced a new mobile router that can be quickly and easily installed almost anywhere, even in places where conventional network access is unavailable.
The D-Link® HSDPA 3.5G Mobile Communicator Router (DIR-455) allows users to access worldwide mobile broadband networks on the fly by simply inserting a UMTS/HSDPA SIM card. This distinct enterprise solution combines 3G failover with a traditional Ethernet router, and its embedded 3G module has overcome the limitations and reliability issues found with an external 3G-adapter solution. It supports SMS features in both modem and router mode, and uniquely provides voice over circuit switch capability that guarantees superior voice quality.
“We targeted this product to the SMB segment as a one-stop solution that incorporates WAN failover, up to five concurrent IPSec VPN tunnels, and WPA/WPA2 security. It features an easy-to-use WAN failover from Ethernet to 3G option that allows it to be installed just about anywhere,” said Harrison Albert, Regional Sales Director at D-Link Middle East. “It’s great for situations where an impromptu wireless network or Hot Spot must be set up, or wherever conventional network access is unavailable,” Harrison concludes.
When accessing the 3.5G Internet connection, users still have the ability to answer incoming mobile calls and respond to SMS messages. The DIR-455 comes equipped with an RJ-11 jack that allows users to attach a standard analog phone for high-quality mobile calls over a GSM network.
The DIR-455 features advanced network security with support for WPA/WPA2 encryption to keep the wireless network safe. It utilizes dual-active firewalls (SPI and NAT) to prevent potential attacks across the Internet and supports up to five consecutive IPSec VPN tunnels.
Key Features and Benefits
• Complete 4-port wireless router and firewall with integral 3.5G WAN connectivity provides Internet sharing almost anywhere.
• Provides high-speed wired or 802.11b/g wireless connectivity in areas without conventional Ethernet or wireless WAN access.
• Compatible with a wide-range of HSDPA mobile service networks. While accessing your 3.5G Internet connection, you will still have the ability to answer incoming mobile calls and respond to SMS messages.
• Supports WAN failover for persistent connections.
• Supports RJ-11 analog phone for high-quality mobile calls over GSM.
© 2000 - 2019 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)