Daesh-linked 20-year-old Turkish man responsible for Suruc bombing: official

Published July 22nd, 2015 - 12:27 GMT

Turkish authorities have identified a 20-year-old Turkish man with reported links to Daesh as the individual who carried out the suicide bombing in the mainly Kurdish town of Suruc that killed 32 people, an official told AFP on Wednesday.

“As a result of DNA tests, we confirm that the assailant is a 20-year-old man registered in Adiyaman," the official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

According to media reports, the man - identified by his initials S.A.A – became involved with the Daesh militant group two months ago, AFP reported.

According to AFP, Turkish authorities are investigating if there is any connection between the latest bombing in Suruc and a deadly attack in the Kurdish majority city of Diyarbakir last month, which they say bear striking similarities.


© 2000 - 2019 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)

You may also like