The Egyptian jihadist group Ansar Bayt Al-Maqdis has decapitated three people and shot a fourth on accusations of "collaborating" with Israel's Mossad agency and the Egyptian army, according to a video published on online jihadist forums on Sunday.
The group published a previous decapitation video of four others in August who they said had provided information that helped an Israeli drone strike kill three of the group's fighters in July.
Aswat Masriya news website, founded by Reuters, reported that the video showed "confessions" of three persons and the shooting of another along with the destruction of his house.
The video also featured searches conducted by the group investigating passing cars and looking for "agents of the apostate army," Aswat Masriya said.
The group has claimed several of the militant attacks against Egyptian police and army which spiked after the ouster of Islamist president Mohamed Morsi in 2013. One of the group's most recent attacks saw 21 Egyptian border guards killed near the Libyan border.
Fears have been raised that the group has links to extremist militants the Islamic State (IS), who have captured territory in Syria and Iraq and routinely carry out decapitations – a video released on Friday showed IS beheading a British hostage.
IS has urged Ansar Bayt Al-Maqdis to continue their attacks against Egyptian security forces.
Sunday's video included footage of IS spokesman Mohamed Al-Adnany speaking about jihad and fighting infidels, said Aswat Masriya.
Reuters reported last week that the Egyptian army killed a top field commander of Ansar Bayt Al-Maqdis in the North Sinai border town of Rafah.
Militant attacks have killed hundreds of police and army personnel since August 2013. For its part, the army has routinely announced the arrest or killing of militants, mainly in Sinai where the group is based.
© Copyright Al-Ahram Publishing House