Extreme Networks, Inc.’s BlackDiamond® 20808 and Summit® X650 metro core and aggregation switches have passed the Metro Ethernet Forum’s (MEF) service conformance tests. MEF service conformance is a crucial capability for providers migrating from 1GE to 10GE architectures to support rapidly increasing bandwidth demand.
· As service-oriented test specifications, both MEF 9 and MEF 14 are defined from the subscriber’s point of view as the User Network Interface (UNI), where the subscriber and service provider areas of responsibility meet. MEF 9 compliance tests include service attributes such as multiplexing, bundling and VLAN setup, while MEF 14 defines the test suite for Ethernet traffic management , ensuring quality of service per service class across an Ethernet business service offering.
· Independent lab Iometrix, Inc., a leading test firm, performed the rigorous conformance testing and certified that the Extreme Networks’ BlackDiamond 20808 and Summit X650 switching platforms deliver carrier grade services as defined in both MEF specifications.
“MEF certification is clearly important to our service provider customers as the industry moves towards a common understanding for Ethernet service definitions,” said Aziz Ala’ali, Regional Director for Extreme Networks, Middle East & Africa. “These additional MEF certifications for our high density 10GE product lines demonstrate our continued commitment to support these customers with innovative, standards-based switching platforms.”
Extreme Networks offers a rich set of Ethernet Transport switching products to accommodate the various deployment sizes and services offered by its provider customers.
· The superior system capacity of the BlackDiamond 20800 series switches reduces the number of network elements that must be installed and maintained, providing the ability to serve more subscribers with a greater number of services at a much lower cost.
· The versatile Summit X650 provides remarkable high-density 10 Gigabit Ethernet in a compact 1RU form factor.
· The breadth of the 10GE product line, a scalable architecture, and features that maximize the utilization of network capacity simplify MEF certified next-generation network deployments while enabling graceful expansion to meet future needs.
© 2000 - 2019 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)