Israeli troops operating in the West Bank city of Tulkarem shot dead two Palestinians and injured a third early on Tuesday, WAFA reported. The incident took place when the troops raided the city's refugee camp.
WAFA identified the victims as Ashraf Dhaher Hassan, 25, and Amjad Ribhi Amara, 21. They were both hit in the head. According to Israeli sources, the two were Hamas members.
Palestinian witnesses said the soldiers opened fire at a group of armed men.
Israeli military sources said the soldiers identified two "gunmen" approaching them in the camp and shot both of them before they had a chance to fire back.
The third casualty was evacuated to the local hospital, which Israeli troops were said to be surrounding.
Meanwhile, Israeli forces killed two men in Al Maghazi refugee camp, Central Gaza Strip, medical sources said. Dr. Moaweya Hasanein, emergency department's spokesman at the Ministry of Health, said that the two dead were shot by Israeli gunfire, and were identified as Ismail Abu Mandil, 22, and Fadi Al Na'ami, 21.
Palestinian sources said the Israeli army has opened heavy gunfire and fired several tank shells at the Palestinians and their homes in Al Maghazi camp Monday night. For their part, Israeli sources said the two were killed while trying to make a bomb.
Elsewhere, a child died Tuesday of wounds he sustained previously when he was shot by Israeli forces in the village of Deir Abu Mishal, Ramallah district.
14-year-old Islam Zahran was pronounced dead Monday night of wounds he sustained on April 18, when an Israeli sniper shot him. He was in a state of clinical death until he died. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)