Hamas Movement has threatened Israel of organizing an unprecedented march towards the Gaza borders on the anniversary of the Palestinian exodus (Nakba Day), which falls on May 15 each year.
“Tell Israel to wait until May 15, when our Palestinian people will break out and nothing will stop them. Wave after wave, until we meet in Jerusalem,” Hamas’ Politbureau member, Khalil al-Hayya, said on Sunday.
He went on to say: “Our confrontation against the occupation is ongoing with all the means available to our people, and [the march of return] was launched and will end only with victory and liberation.”
Palestinians in the Gaza Strip launched the “march of return” three weeks ago, and vowed to continue until the Nakba commemoration when Israel celebrates its establishment.
Israel has killed 35 Palestinians since the marches began on the border of the Gaza Strip at the end of March, and wounded around 3,000 people, including more than 1,500 with live bullets.
Palestinians accused Israel of deliberately targeting unarmed civilians to thwart the marches. But Israel said it was targeting those trying to carry out attacks through barbed wire. The factions were accused of using people as cover for attempts to carry out operations.
Last week, Israeli attacks were reported against journalists and medical staff.
The Palestinian Authority requested an international investigation into Israel’s use of bullets against civilians, but the Security Council could not even issue a statement of condemnation because of the United States’ position.
“The martyrdom of fathers and children will not prevent the Palestinian people from continuing the march of jihad and resistance,” Hayya stressed.
This article has been adapted from its original source.
Copyright © Saudi Research and Publishing Co. All rights reserved.