Yemen’s Houthi rebels have violated international laws of war in their latest missile attacks on Saudi Arabia, which killed an Egyptian laborer on March 25, Human Rights Watch (HRW) said on Monday.
Once again on Monday, the Houthis tried to target Saudi territories by launching a ballistic missile.
The spokesman for the Arab coalition, Col. Turki Al-Malki, on Monday said the air defense forces of the alliance spotted a missile launched by the Iranian-backed Houthis from Saada in Yemen, reported SPA.
Al-Malki said that the missile was heading toward the town of Dhahran Al-Janoub, deliberately targeting civilian populated areas, but it fell inside Yemeni territories at a distance of about 1.75km from southern Saudi borders.
Last month, the Iranian-backed militia fired seven ballistic missiles into Saudi Arabia.
Saudi authorities said their defenses intercepted all seven, but falling debris from one of the missiles killed a migrant worker in the capital Riyadh.
HRW said the missile attacks “violated the laws of war” as they were fired “indiscriminately at populated areas,” calling on the Houthis to cease their attacks.
Over the weekend, Saudi air defenses intercepted another Houthi missile targeting the southern city of Najran.
“The Houthis should immediately stop their indiscriminate missile attacks on populated areas of Saudi Arabia,” said Sarah Leah Whitson, Middle East director at HRW.
This article has been adapted from its original source.
Copyright: Arab News © 2021 All rights reserved.