Jordan's government on Wednesday demanded Israeli occupation authorities to end their security cover of Jewish extremists’ storming of Jerusalem’s Al Aqsa Mosque/Al Haram Al Sharif, citing such incidents that occurred earlier this week.
Minister of State for Media Affairs and Communications Mohammad Momani expressed Jordan's total rejection of the Israeli occupation forces' move to allow Jewish extremists to perform "Talmudic rituals" after they broke into Al Haram Al Sharif, describing such practices as a stark violation of the sanctity of the holy sites and an insult to the feelings of all Muslims.
Momani, who is also government spokesperson, slammed the occupation authorities for allowing groups of extremist Jews to enter Al Aqsa, bare footed, as part of "Talmudic rituals", pointing out that the Israeli forces' failure to prevent such an act is part of a series of continued and ever-increasing Israeli violations against Al Haram Al Sharif.
The official also stressed Jordan's utter rejection of the Israeli occupation forces' interference in the renovation works overseen by the Hashemite Reconstruction Committee at Al Aqsa Mosque.
He said the Israeli ongoing violations against the Noble Sanctuary are a blatant breach of the peace accord signed in 1994 between Jordan and Israel, and constitute a blatant violation of relevant international laws and UN Security Council resolutions.
Such violations hold proof of Israeli non-stop attempts to change the status quo of the holy sites in occupied East Jerusalem, Momani said.
He stressed Jordan’s firm stance to exercise its rights entailed in King Abdullah’s custodianship over Islamic and Christian sites in the Holy City of Jerusalem, noting that the Kingdom will continue to resist these violations with all in its power and through all diplomatic and legal channels.
© Copyright The Jordan Times. All rights reserved.