One Palestinian died Monday morning of wounds he sustained last week while tens of houses were demolished in two separate attacks in Gaza Strip, official sources and witnesses said.
Al-Shifa Hospital official, in Gaza City, said Khaled Abu I'ilba died on Monday of critical wounds he sustained after having been shot in the head by Israeli soldiers during a three-day invasion into Beit Lahya, northern Gaza on April 20.
In addition, an 18-year-old Raed al-Nisir, was wounded Monday morning in the central Gaza Strip city of Deir al-Balah, medical sources told WAFA. "Al-Nisir was wounded with shrapnel in different parts of the body," al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital official said.
Witnesses said that al-Nisir was wounded when an Israeli tank fired a missile at a group of farmers east of Gaza.
Meanwhile, several Palestinian houses were razed by Israeli forces in the southern Gaza Strip city of Rafah, Palestinian security sources and witnesses said. They added at least 10 Israeli military vehicles and bulldozers rolled, Sunday overnight, into "block G" of Rafa refugee camp, and destroyed several houses.
Earlier, in the city of Deir al-Balah, at least 10 houses were destroyed by Israeli bulldozers, security sources and witnesses said. Eight houses were demolished in the neighbourhood of Abu Haddaf while two were destroyed early on Monday in Abu al-A'jeen, in Deir al-Balah, security sources said.
Meanwhile, the Palestine National Authority (PNA) said in response to the results of the vote of Israel's ruling party on Prime Minister Ariel Sharon’s US-backed unilateral Gaza Strip plan that the Likud party had no right to decide on the fate of Palestinian people, and urged President George W. Bush to withdraw his letter of guarantees to Sharon and his plan.
It also called on Israel to abandon all unilateral measures and return to the negotiations table.
Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qurei told Reuters on Monday the United States and the international community should now work on reviving peace talks and called for an international conference to push ahead with a U.S.-backed road map to peace.
"What concerns us is to protect our national rights, is to protect the implementation of the international resolutions, is to protect the road map and to start immediately the implementation of the road map," Qurei said. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)