Palestinian teen shot dead in West Bank raid

Published July 1st, 2014 - 07:23 GMT

Israeli forces have shot dead a Palestinian teenager during a raid in the Jenin refugee camp in the northern West Bank, Palestinian security and medical sources say.

The 18-year-old Palestinian, who was killed early Tuesday, was identified as Yusuf Abu Zagher.

The killing came as Israel attacked the besieged Gaza Strip and the West Bank, hours after the bodies of three Israeli settlers were reportedly found near the town of Halhul north of the city of al-Khalil (Hebron).

Reports said that Israeli soldiers demolished two homes belonging to those Israel claims were involved in the killing of the settlers in al-Khalil early Tuesday.

Tel Aviv claims the Palestinian resistance movement, Hamas, is responsible for the death of the teens.

Hamas has said that if Israel uses the case as an excuse to act against Palestinians, it will face repercussions.

“[Benjamin] Netanyahu (Israeli prime minister) should know that his threats don’t scare Hamas,” Sami Abu Zuhri, a Hamas spokesman, said, adding, “If he wages war on the Gaza Strip, the gates of hell will be opened.”

Israeli forces have killed several Palestinians and arrested hundreds of others, including Hamas members and lawmakers, as part of the military operations purportedly in search of the three settlers, whom Israel claimed had gone missing on June 12.

Hamas had earlier denied involvement in the disappearance of the settlers and said Israel is trying to sabotage the recent reconciliation accord reached between the Palestinian factions of Hamas and Fatah, which led to the formation of the Palestinian national unity government last month.


Copyright © 2022 Press TV. All rights reserved.

You may also like