Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD), the IT infrastructure performance company for networks, applications and storage, today announced increased scalability and flexibility for large-scale wide area network (WAN) optimization deployments with the introduction of the new Interceptor® 9350 appliance and enhanced Riverbed® software. The Interceptor allows enterprise customers to scale their WAN optimization solution to support hundreds of thousands of end users and very large bandwidth WAN connections across an enterprise. Fortune 500 companies deploy Interceptor in their data centers for its ability to provide scale and to simplify large WAN optimization deployments across global networks.
Interceptor is a specialized clustering device for high-capacity, high-availability Steelhead® appliance deployments. The Interceptor extends the scaling and performance capabilities of Steelhead appliances to meet the requirements of very large data center environments. The Interceptor allows clusters of up to 25 Steelhead appliances to work together seamlessly and simplifies network setup, while offering an even wider choice of high-availability configurations to support the largest and most complex enterprise networks. Riverbed Interceptor 9350 is designed to provide increased benefits, including enhanced scalability to drive greater throughput and increased capacity to support more users. The new Interceptor, in comparison to the previous model, provides up to 3X more throughput while still supporting up to one million concurrent connections. In addition, the new Interceptor supports up to three 10G network interface cards (NIC) which support customers’ taking advantage of modern data center designs.
Interceptor 9350 Provides Increased Performance and Scalability
· 12 Gbps Throughput – The Interceptor 9350 supports up to 12 Gbps of ingress and egress traffic, which enables customers to provide WAN optimization for their largest data center requirements. This is especially important in high-throughput data replication and disaster recovery designs.
· 10G NIC – The Interceptor 9350’s support for 10G NICs enables the Interceptor to be seamlessly integrated in modern data center designs.
· 20 Gigabit Ethernet ports – Interceptor appliances can be configured with up to four onboard and 16 additional Gigabit Ethernet ports to provide maximum scalability on networks with multi-router ingress/egress.
Interceptor 2.0 Software Provides Full Transparency Support
Interceptor appliances automatically work with the full IP address and port transparency features in Steelhead appliances. The Interceptor’s high-availability and scalability features allow customers that deploy Steelhead appliances in full transparency mode to have enhanced visibility into the original source and destination IP addresses and ports.
In the event of a hardware or software failure, Interceptor appliances provide high-availability to ensure uninterrupted optimization operations.
· Multi-Interface Clustering – Provides customers with additional redundancy options, which ensures that no single link failure can cause the loss of connectivity between the Interceptor and the Steelhead appliance in the cluster.
· Fail-to-block support – In addition to the existing fail-to-wire feature, the Interceptor software now supports fail-to-block support, which enables the network to route around the failure.
“Riverbed Interceptor appliances are the ideal solution for massively scalable Steelhead appliance deployments on WANs where performance cannot be compromised,” said Alan Saldich, vice president of product marketing at Riverbed. “The new Interceptor 9350 is designed to provide increased benefits, including simplified deployment into complex and very large data center environments, more choices for high-availability configurations, and increased scalability. The 10G NIC coupled with the tripling of the performance of the Interceptor 9350 positions Riverbed to integrate seamlessly into our customer data center networks.”
© 2000 - 2019 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)