Sources: Italian Premier to contact US President over Kadhafi’s plans on Iraq

Published February 19th, 2003 - 02:00 GMT
Al Bawaba
Al Bawaba

Libyan President Col. Moamer Kadhafi held a phone conversation Tuesday with Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi about Tripoli's proposals to help resolve the Iraq crisis, official sources in the Libyan capital said. 

 

In a call to Libya, Berlusconi said the proposals had been presented to a meeting Monday of the European Union (EU) members, who "approved of them", the source was quoted by Jana news agency as saying. 

 

Berlusconi plans to contact President Bush and senior UN officials regarding Kadhafi's plans, the source added. (Albawaba.com) 

© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)

Subscribe

Sign up to our newsletter for exclusive updates and enhanced content