Turkish citizens in the Danish capital Copenhagen on Monday protested an attack against the Turkish embassy with Molotov cocktails.
Gathering in front of the embassy, the crowd condemned the terrorist act, which happened earlier in the day.
Attended by members of the Azerbaijani and Iraqi Turkmen Front Assemblies, the protest ended with a declaration read by the head of the Copenhagen chapter of the Union of European Turkish Democrats.
Fatih Alev said the attack targeted all Turkish citizens in Denmark.
"We demand that such heinous attacks never happen again," he said, urging the Danish government to take necessary steps.
According to Copenhagen police, four people attacked the embassy with Molotov cocktails.
No one was hurt but the building was damaged.
Danish Prime Minister Lars Lokke Rasmussen condemned the attack in a post on Twitter.
"Attacking diplomatic missions of other countries is a very serious act. The special statuses of embassies in our country must be respected.
"I hope those responsible for the attack on the Turkish Embassy will be brought to justice by being captured quickly,” Rasmussen added.
Danish Foreign Minister Anders Samuelsen also issued a statement.
“I strongly condemn the arson attack attempt last night against Turkey's Embassy in Copenhagen. It is good that nobody got hurt," he said.
“The Turkish Embassy stands under our protection, as do all embassies in Copenhagen. An attack on an embassy is an attack on the Danish state. I thank our police for the quick response.”
This article has been adapted from its original source.
© Copyright Andolu Ajansi