Jordan's Labour Ministry launches crackdown on illegal workers
The [Jordanon] Labour Ministry on Monday started an intensive inspection campaign, in cooperation with concerned departments at the Interior Ministry, to track down illegal guest workers who have run away from their workplace and are working on their own or for another employer.
The campaign is in continuation of the ministry’s efforts to regulate the labour market through the repatriation of illegal guest workers.
The ministry urged business owners not to hire any foreigners who do not have a work permit.
- A 'real' crisis: house maid shortage hitting UAE homes
- UAE reaping the fruits of online education
- Out of the box: why creativity and innovation are key to the ME's economic and social progress
- The case for a minimum wage for expats in Saudi Arabia
- As long as they're 'considering' it: Emiratis slowly considering working in the private sector