Jordan's Labour Ministry launches crackdown on illegal workers
The [Jordanon] Labour Ministry on Monday started an intensive inspection campaign, in cooperation with concerned departments at the Interior Ministry, to track down illegal guest workers who have run away from their workplace and are working on their own or for another employer.
The campaign is in continuation of the ministry’s efforts to regulate the labour market through the repatriation of illegal guest workers.
The ministry urged business owners not to hire any foreigners who do not have a work permit.
- GCC's education sector set to fall below the grade by 2015
- What's it going to take for the UAE's 'education revolution'?
- Saudi women and opportunities in the business world: glass ceiling or bottomless pit?
- Fancy name, drastically different setting: Are foreign universities in the Gulf a worthwhile endeavour?
- Oman has a formidable job creation task ahead of it