Jordan's Labour Ministry launches crackdown on illegal workers
The [Jordanon] Labour Ministry on Monday started an intensive inspection campaign, in cooperation with concerned departments at the Interior Ministry, to track down illegal guest workers who have run away from their workplace and are working on their own or for another employer.
The campaign is in continuation of the ministry’s efforts to regulate the labour market through the repatriation of illegal guest workers.
The ministry urged business owners not to hire any foreigners who do not have a work permit.
- A leadership 'deficit': why ME firms can't give up their reliance on expats
- Much more than just elitism: why Arab students flock abroad for university
- Betting on your self-worth: how to successfully negotiate your salary
- The packages can't get any 'sweeter' but Saudis are still fleeing the public sector
- Egypt's 2011: the year of the Arab Spring and resignations