Jordan's Labour Ministry launches crackdown on illegal workers
The [Jordanon] Labour Ministry on Monday started an intensive inspection campaign, in cooperation with concerned departments at the Interior Ministry, to track down illegal guest workers who have run away from their workplace and are working on their own or for another employer.
The campaign is in continuation of the ministry’s efforts to regulate the labour market through the repatriation of illegal guest workers.
The ministry urged business owners not to hire any foreigners who do not have a work permit.
- A blessing in disguise? UAE unemployment pushing youth towards entrepeneurship
- Why, despite all the insecurity, foreign students still flock to Lebanon to learn Arabic
- Overhaul or overkill? Gulf countries to spend $150 billion on education reform
- There's no faking it: tampering degrees in the UAE can surely land you in jail
- Is an MBA degree worth it?