Jordan's Labour Ministry launches crackdown on illegal workers
Jordan is to launch a crackdown on illegal workers in the country.
The [Jordanon] Labour Ministry on Monday started an intensive inspection campaign, in cooperation with concerned departments at the Interior Ministry, to track down illegal guest workers who have run away from their workplace and are working on their own or for another employer.
The campaign is in continuation of the ministry’s efforts to regulate the labour market through the repatriation of illegal guest workers.
The ministry urged business owners not to hire any foreigners who do not have a work permit.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?