Jordan's MoL gets tough on rogue businesses
The Ministry of Labour is currently working on an analytical field study of the labour market to provide data and recommendations on policies needed to deal with problems in the sector, according to a statement issued by the ministry following a meeting on its achievements and plans for the future.
The study will focus on changes in the labour market that emerged after revolutions in several Arab countries.
The ministry will adopt a black-list system that will include names of companies and business owners with recurrent violations of labour regulations to prevent them from repeating such infringements.
Moreover, the ministry is preparing to hold recruitment days for the Badia region in Amman, as well as other recruitment days in Karak and Madaba.
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Ethiopia launches $2.8m research survey for Nile basin development
- UAE sweetens flotation regulations to attract more investment