Kuwait to bankroll Bahraini development
Kuwait will finance development projects worth $1.3 billion in Bahrain
Click here to add Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development as an alert
Disable alert for Kuwait Fund for Arab Econo ...,
Click here to add Riyadh as an alert
Disable alert for Riyadh,
Click here to add Shaikh Khalid Bin Ahmed Al Khalifa as an alert
Disable alert for Shaikh Khalid Bin Ahmed Al ...
Kuwait will finance development projects worth $1.3 billion in Bahrain over the next few years, a report said.
The funds will be used to finance part of four developments, including power transmission networks, housing projects and a key road, the state owned Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development was quoted as saying in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Fund officials signed the agreements with Bahrain’s Foreign Minister Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa.
At a meeting in Riyadh in March 2011, the GCC states decided to set up a $20 billion fund to finance development projects in Bahrain and Oman.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?