‘Qatar will need over half-a-million workers’ - Labour minister
Qatar's Minister of State for Labour, HE Hissain Mullah, has said that Qatar’s economy will need more than half a million workers in the coming period.
He explained that the country will be implementing huge projects concerning infrastructure and preparations for World Cup 2022. Speaking at the ‘Qatar-Vietnam Business Forum’ along with his Vietnamese counterpart, the minister noted that Qatar aims to bring skilled workers that are able to contribute to the national development.
- A tad too insincere? Qatar shamed into new labour laws
- Surprise, surprise: Qatar asked by Blatter to take responsibility of workers' wellbeing
- Qatar faces hiring challenges to build World Cup facilities
- Qatar to spend $200 billion for 2022 Football World Cup preparations
- Jordan to crack down on illegal workers