‘Qatar will need over half-a-million workers’ - Labour minister
Qatar's Minister of State for Labour, HE Hissain Mullah, has said that Qatar’s economy will need more than half a million workers in the coming period.
He explained that the country will be implementing huge projects concerning infrastructure and preparations for World Cup 2022. Speaking at the ‘Qatar-Vietnam Business Forum’ along with his Vietnamese counterpart, the minister noted that Qatar aims to bring skilled workers that are able to contribute to the national development.
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow
- Saudi Arabia's plastic consumption 20 times higher than global average
- Half-a-million to visit Qatar during World Cup 2022
- Qatar Foundation: making strides in delivering dignity for all migrant workers
- Half-a-million will flock to Qatar for FIFA Cup 2022
- Crying wolf: Qatar blames foreign recruitment agencies for labor abuse
- Qatar to build seven 'cities' for 250,000 World Cup labourers