Amr Diab puts his critics in their place
Amr Diab: Still a patriot, despite what others may say
Elaph has reported that Diab posted a press release via his Facebook page saying, “I am grieved and disappointed at the recent accusations made against me by a number of poets and composers of my previous songs and their attempt to blemish my achievements in the music industry in addition to trying to question the ethics I followed since the start of my singing career.”
Diab has strongly denied all accusations levelled at him by Qamar, stressing the fact he no longer works with certain poets doesn’t mean that he thinks that they are not qualified for the job, rather he is looking for fresh inspiration for his work. Adding that just because he does not work with these people, it doesn’t justify vehement attacks against him that accuse him of selling his songs to an Israeli businessman.
Diab stressed that he is still a patriot at heart, and loves the people of Egypt, its history and the country’s achievements, and no one should question this.
The production company Rotana, who have produced much of Diab’s work, have not released statement on the matter and could not be reached for questioning.
Tell us what you think? Is Diab still a patriot? Are the attacks justifed? Do let us know your thoughts.
- Music before movies: Amr Diab does a Tamer and puts "Fame" filming on hold for Kuwait gig
- Elissa denies criticizing Amr Diab
- Amr Diab continues music projects in Greece despite naked women scandal
- Are Amr Diab and his wifey doing ok? Social media post shows them looking lovey dovey
- Pepsi places Amr Diab on a throne in Italy