Palestine gives props to Arab Idol contestant Mohammad Assaf
All of Palestine, it seems, is rooting for their homeboy and Arab Idol finalist, Mohammad Assaf. According to Al Muheet website, an Israeli TV station aired a report in Hebrew giving Mohammad props for his performances in season 2 of the talent show.
The report showed the area’s support for their fellow countryman and a few clips of Mohammad doing his thing on the show. They interviewed some Arabs who have their hopes set on Mohammad winning the title.
MBC was also praised in the report as one of the most highly viewed channels in the whole region. Even Palestinian President, Mahmoud Abbas, called the rising star to say that he supported him, especially since he has sung for Fateh in the past, the report said.
Mohammad first became a name thrown around the streets of Gaza at the young age of 11 for recording the song "Shiddi Helek Ya Blladi" or "Be strong my Country" during the peak of the Israeli invasion of the Gaza strip during the Palestinian Intifada.
Will Mohammad make Palestine even more proud by gaining the AI title at the end of the season? Please share with us your thoughts!
- Where's Muna? Ahmed Helmy flew solo to Arab Idol finale, reppin' it for Ahmad Jamal
- London calling: Big Ben ticking as the countdown begins for Mohammad Assaf's November concert
- Mohammad Assaf won again! Arab Idol star beat out the right-wing's tries to ban him from singing in Nazareth
- Palestine cheers hoorah! Mohammad Assaf wins Arab Idol 2
- Moroccon TV to organize national song contest