Assala Nasri tweets support for Syrian opposition 'heroes'
Syrian singer Assala Nasri praised on Tuesday National Coalition leader Moaz al-Khatib and Free Syrian Army commander Riad al-Assaad via the social networking site Twitter.
Assaad is "a glorious hero among Syria's heroes,” the Middle Eastern star said.
"Do not be frustrated because of what happened. Millions of youths have your back. May you heal [soon]," Nasri tweeted in reference to the assassination attempt against the rebel chief in the eastern city of Deir Ezzour.
The chief commander and founder of the FSA lost his leg after an alleged bomb that was planted in his car exploded in the early morning hours of Monday morning.
Meanwhile, on Tuesday, Nasri commended Khatib following his address at the Doha summit, tweeting: "Moaz al-Khatib is a centrist, intellectual and humanitarian person. We are all proud of you as a representative of our wounded people."
Khatib on Sunday announced his resignation as the National Coalition chief.
The coalition, however, released a statement later on the day refusing the resignation.
- Asala Nasri sings for Syria
- Assala’s fans do not 'Like' her new look much
- Assala's no-show: Nasri leaves fans no apology chocolates after canceling on the Belgian crowd
- Patriot Mayada Henawi verbally attacks Asala Nasri and Arwa, compliments Raghda!
- It's back baby! Asala Nasri's passport has been returned after being confiscated in Lebanon