Burn victim sues Ramez Galal who says he 'enjoys watching people burn' in new prank show
Galal's promotional poster for his prank show "Ramez Plays with Fire." (File photo)
"How enjoyable is it to watch someone burn right before your eyes," says Egyptian prankster Ramez Galal in his promo for "Ramez Plays with Fire."
But his insensitive and inappropriate choice of words understandably left one Egyptian burn victim in tears, and led her to file a lawsuit against him this week.
The prosecutor, Hind Abdallah, said that Galal's promo for his Ramadan prank show - which is currently airing on MBC Masr - has caused her "severe psychological damage" because of flashbacks from her own traumatic experience with fire.
She is now demanding that he and MBC Masr compensate her financially and stop airing the promo.
It's bad enough that Galal has been scaring the living daylights out of celebrities with his pranks every Ramadan, but to affect a viewer's life in this way is taking it a step too far.
Dozens of celebrities and viewers have demanded that someone put a stop to Galal's not-so-funny shows over the years, and this woman might just be the answer to their prayers.
- Is Al Mohaysoon the best prank show of the year?
- Does Paris Hilton deserve an Oscar for her ‘performance’ on Ramez Galal’s show?
- Saudi as world human rights watch? Now they accuse Myanmar of 'ethnic cleansing'
- And now for a commercial break: Ramadan TV viewing gets painful
- Why don't men cover their faces? A Yemeni woman questions the unquestionable