Sexual harassment: The Egyptians show Jordan how it's done
Organised by Al-Balad Theatre and the Arab Education Forum, the Hakaya Festival, returning for a fifth round this September, brings arts performances and workshops from around the world to Jordan. Egyptian theatre group Bussy (or Look Here) will perform at Al-Balad Theatre on Thursday, 13 September.
The annual Hakaya Festival strives to promote a local culture of storytelling, bring various storytelling experiences from across the globe to Jordan, establish a regional network of storytellers, and facilitate training opportunities for rising storytellers.
Playing at Al-Balad Theatre this week, Bussy features actors who tell real stories of Egyptian women in monologue form. Bussy has been active since 2006. It was launched at the American University in Cairo after a performance of the Vagina Monologues by Eve Ensler.
Today, the group tackles gender tensions and dynamics from the perspective of both men and women. This year, the Bussy repertoire includes new stories that revolve around themes of harassment and the female body.
Thursday, 13 September, at 8.00pm
Al-Balad Theatre, 7990, Amman 11118, Jordan
- Egyptian El Warsha theatre group heading to Jordan for a taste of Arts and culture
- Jordanian Artists Association Boycotts 8th Amman Theatre Days Festival
- Bands bring it in the Balad: Jordanian festival features new talent tonight!
- Jerash Festival's going on, 8000 strong!
- Damascus Theatre Festival Revived with New Form