Ri Ri goes native! Rihanna shocks fans by wearing hijab for Abu Dhabi mosque photoshoot
Rihanna isn't one to shy away from controversy, and her latest Gulf photoshoot proves it!
Global superstar Rihanna is in Abu Dhabi for a concert and has shown to be at one with the local culture by posing in an hijab and abaya-esque trouser suit in a local mosque.
Posting the pictures on her 'badgalriri' Instagram account under the caption '#AbuDhabi at the Mosque', Rihanna appears dressed all in black and wearing a black hijab infront of the stunning White Mosque in the cosmopolitan Gulf city.
Even appearing in some pictures with Muslim women, Rihanna also captioned her Instagram pictures with "Bitch stole my look" and "Fashion Killaz".
The pictures were taken by Gomillion Leupold - a photography team made up of Steven Gomillion and Dennis Leupold.
With some Instgram users criticising Rihanna for her Muslim attire, this is one way Ri Ri has made sure she won't be out of the public limelight!
She's not the first popstar to get involved in Middle Eastern culture - Madonna has sported a chainmail niqab before. Is this a case of anything she can do, I can do better?
What do you think of Rihanna's latest publicity stunt? Is it right that she dressed up in the hijab?
- Break a leg, Rihanna! Ahlam’s all kinds of angry after Abu Dhabi mosque incident
- Rihanna makes a splash in Abu Dhabi
- Rihanna went rogue: Abu Dhabi Sheikh says recent mosque photoshoot not sanctioned
- Get ready to see some bling, Rihanna is bringing her 'Diamonds' to Abu Dhabi
- Rihanna wants Abu Dhabi to show her 'da money for a show-stoppin' act