Tamer takes a hit: New film on hold until further notice
Tamer Hosny’s career has been skyrocketing lately with concerts, music video and a film all in tow, but author Ayman Bahjat Qamar has put the brakes on the flick "Abi Khalf Al Shajarah" (My Father Behind the Tree), for which the Egyptian superstar was to hold the starring role.
Ayman claims he is preoccupied with writing the thirty episodes for the upcoming Ramadan riddles show "Musalsaliko", starring Egyptian comedian actor Mohammad Al Hunaidi. Truth is it’s a matter of money, and the writer was bought out by a higher bid on the Holy month gig.
According to Sayidaty.net, Film Producer Ahmad Al Sabki has asked Ayman to give back the down payment he was given in order not delay the project. The matter was settled peacefully with Ayman doing the good deed and returning the cash, and the producer is hopeful a new author will be found soon to keep the film in progress.
Until then, it looks like Tamer is gonna have to stick to his singing career and put a halt on his thespian pursuits.
Will the flick find someone new soon? Please share your thoughts by commenting below.
- Give the man a break! Mohammad Hunaidi's family vetoes vacay 'til Eid's over
- Tamer Husni attempts to regain popularity
- Viva Las Vegas! North American tour vies for Tamer Hosny’s attention and “Yasin” timeline extended
- Take your pick! A week of films, fairs, and fun in Egypt
- There's no time like the present: Tamer Hosny returns to the big screen