General Motors Launches OnStar, Offering the Widest Range of In-Vehicle Safety and Security Services Available to Drivers
OnStar has been providing trusted safety and security services to its Members for 25 years. With OnStar, our Members have added peace of mind and confidence knowing a real person is ready to help 24/7. Whether you’re in a crash, need assistance recovering a stolen vehicle, find yourself facing an emergency, or have a question about your account, you’ll get help from a trained OnStar Advisor. OnStar is an opt-in subscription business available in the UAE from December 2, 2021.
Services available from OnStar include:
- Automatic Crash Response1: Built-in sensors that automatically alert an OnStar Advisor in the event of a severe crash, sending the right help to your exact location and staying with you until help arrives.
- Stolen Vehicle Assistance2: Priority service from OnStar Advisors who can work with local authorities to help recover your vehicle quickly and safely.
- Emergency Services3: 24/7 priority connection to trained OnStar Advisors who can contact and direct emergency service providers to you.
- Roadside Assistance4: If you have a flat tire, run out of fuel or find yourself stranded, we're here to help.
- Good Citizen: Help others in need by reporting a crash or health emergency, just by pushing one red button.
What Is Connected Services?
Once a Member is onboarded, they get 10 years of standard connectivity at no additional cost:
- Vehicle Diagnostics: Monthly reports about your vehicle's health.
- Diagnostic Alerts: Real-time email or SMS alerts about your vehicle's health.
- Dealer Maintenance Notifications: Your vehicle can notify your preferred dealer when there is an alert.
- Smart Driver9: Driving information to maximize vehicle performance and driving efficiency.
Chevrolet, GMC and Cadillac Connected Services available through the Connect Plan help elevate your ownership experience by creating a simple, seamless bridge between your vehicle and your busy life. Depending on the Member’s vehicle trim, they can access a suite of connected technology services that includes the following:
- myChevrolet, myGMC and myCadillac Mobile Apps5: simplify your ownership experience and execute vehicle commands remotely from the palm of your hand
- Remote Commands6: Remotely lock and unlock your doors, flash the lights and honk the horn, or start and stop (if equipped) your car using your vehicle’s mobile app.
- Vehicle Management7: Stay informed and access tools that make owning your vehicle easy, like Vehicle Status8 - viewing vehicle's fuel level, oil life, odometer readings and tire pressure through your vehicle's mobile app and Vehicle Locate - finding your vehicle’s approximate location and nearby address on a map through your vehicle's mobile app.
- Owner Experience: Enjoy a tailored experience that’s constantly evolving to ensure you have the most advanced capabilities at your fingertips.
- In-Vehicle Apps10: Make your drive more enjoyable with easy access to news and entertainment — all conveniently located at your fingertips on your infotainment screen. And there is no need to connect your phone or cords to get access to your favorite apps, designed specifically for use in your GM vehicle. Available apps may include:
- Music: Spotify – Choose from millions of songs available instantly.
- Weather: The Weather Channel - Get the latest forecasts while driving.
- Location Sharing: Glympse - The easiest way to safely share your location with someone in real time.
- Wi-Fi® Hotspot11: Once a Member subscribes to a plan, they’ll have an option to purchase a Wi-Fi Data Plan with an ability to connect up to seven devices using their in-vehicle Wi-Fi Hotspot.
We envision a future of zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion, and we have committed ourselves to leading the way toward this future.
General Motors has been pushing the limits of transportation and technology for over 100 years. Today, we are in the midst of a transportation revolution. And we have the ambition, the talent and the technology to realize the safer, better and more sustainable world we want.
As an open, inclusive company, we’re also creating an environment where everyone feels welcomed and valued for who they are. One team, where all ideas are considered and heard, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential, with a culture based in respect, integrity, accountability and equality.
Our team brings wide-ranging perspectives and experiences to solving the complex transportation challenges of today and tomorrow.