Hyundai Palisade Interior Design Features Awarded Wards 10 Best User Experiences™ Trophy
Hyundai Motor Company’s recently introduced, all-new Palisade SUV was awarded one of Wards 10 Best User Experiences during today’s annual WardsAuto User Experiences Conference in Novi, Michigan. The Hyundai Palisade, through consideration of user-oriented interior design and engineering innovation, not only redefined convenience features, but also revamped the concept of spatial design for family cars, placing it on the competitive 2019 Wards 10 Best User Experiences list.
In contrast to its exterior, the horizontally expansive interior gives off a roomy and safe atmosphere. Through the luxurious, yet intuitive design, a more relaxed and comfortable user experience was realized.
The honor evaluates the user-friendliness of the driver-assist technologies, access to information and entertainment options without driver distraction. The well-equipped Palisade was acknowledged for its host of convenient technology features including a 10-inch navigation display, 12-inch TFT cluster, wireless charging, seven USB outlets, second-row ventilated seats and innovative roof-based diffuser vents – making it easy for both driver and passengers to interact with the vehicle.
“The Palisade not only accentuates the luxurious aspect of a large-size SUV, but is a vehicle that was designed in the true perspective of the customer, through careful consideration of what more values can be provided.” Said SangYup Lee, Senior Vice President and Head of Hyundai Global Design Center. “We implemented a design for the Palisade that offers a home-like ‘spatial experience’ where various innovative and smart technology can be enjoyed.
The Wards evaluation noted the infotainment screen, instrument panel and head-up display were well designed featuring user-friendly controls with easily comprehended information by just a glance. An additional attribute per Wards included the home screen “widgets” on the 10.25-in. (26-cm) in-dash infotainment screen able to be selected and rearranged to suit the driver’s preference.
The Wards 10 Best User Experiences competition is a microcosm of Wards 10 Best Interiors and was developed to identify driver interfaces that are user-friendly, navigation systems that are easy to program, collision-avoidance technologies that are dependable and smartphone integration that is simple, allowing drivers safe access to text messages, emails and phone contacts while on the road.
“The new Hyundai Palisade stands out as a value leader in the three-row utility segment with smartly-designed, user-friendly displays and controls up front and tons of family-friendly connectivity features and creature comforts in back,” said Drew Winter, Wards senior content director. “A long list of available driver-assist features, charging outlets in all three rows of seats and innovative technology such as an intercom system that enables the driver to speak with third-row passengers, means the Palisade is ready anytime to take a family on a long trip.”
Some of the convenience features found in the all-new Palisade include:
- One-Touch second row seat and power-folding/unfolding reclining third-row seats
- Seven available USB outlets
- Conversation mirror for driver to clearly see passengers in the rear
- Driver Talk in-car intercom system with rear seat conversation and sleep modes
- Class-exclusive Blind View Monitor that complements the standard Blind Spot Collision Avoidance Assist
- 10.25 inch navigation touchscreen in widescreen format, coupled with a 12.3-inch fully-digital TFT center instrument cluster
- Heads-Up Display (HUD) projects a virtual image onto the windshield, helping the driver to better keep his or her eyes on the road
- Industry-first, innovative new roof vent diffuser design that can provide a focused, partially-diffused or fully-diffused stream of air to rear passengers
- Available Qi wireless charging pad for compatible Android devices as well as recent Apple iPhones
- Infinity® audio system features Clari-Fi™ and QuantumLogic™ Surround Sound technology
In July and August, editors evaluated and scored 23 vehicles available in the U.S. with all-new or re-engineered UX features such as display screens, interfaces or applications. There is no price cap, but overall value is a consideration.
Hyundai Motor Company recognizes the importance and impact that automobiles have on society and mankind. It strives to play a role that extends beyond being a simple car manufacturer to become customers’ lifetime companion. It will build connections with customers by fulfilling its vision to become a “lifetime partner in automobiles and beyond” and participate in working “together for a better future” as a constituent of Hyundai Motor Group.