Polycom Showcases New Innovations in Video and Collaboration Technologies at Gitex Technology Week 2017
Dedicated to enabling the workplace of the future, Polycom showcased the power of human collaboration through its latest portfolio of video, voice and content sharing collaboration solutions that promote flexible working and create collaborative workplaces for businesses. Polycom is exhibiting at GITEX in partnership with FVC, Microsoft, Sitec and Mindware.
Making its first appearance at the show is the Polycom® RealPresence Immersive Studio™ Flex, which brings the immersive meeting room experience to more collaborators around the region at a more affordable price. The Immersive Studio Flex can be customized to the user’s space and budget and offers Microsoft Skype for Business functionality at a 37 % lower cost than other leading solutions. Like other Polycom Immersive solutions, the RealPresence Immersive Studio Flex combines high definition audio and an 18-foot video wall with three 4K UltraHD display screens making virtual meetings as comfortable as sitting in a home theatre and as collaborative as being in the same room.
Also, being showcased at GITEX for the first time is the Polycom® Pano™. The Pano is the easiest way to share content at work, enabling anyone in a business meeting can share up to four streams of simultaneous content side-by-side, from any device, without the hassle of juggling cables, pucks or dongles. Users can add a Pano to a touch monitor, and an expanded set of capabilities are available, with rich annotation and interactive whiteboarding features unavailable in other wireless content sharing solutions. Pano works with any existing video equipment, making it easy to add on to existing conference room technology.
“As businesses look to streamline operations, increase productivity, enable speedier and more effective decision making, deploying collaboration solutions that enable effective internal and external communications is becoming a worthwhile investment for organisations in the region,” said Glynn Jones, Vice President EMEA Channels and Advanced Technology Group, Polycom. “At GITEX we demonstrated significant advancements in team collaboration solutions that the benefits of content, video and messaging enhancements into intuitive, easy to use and deploy solutions. This in turn will drive greater adoption, more effective working and tangible business outcomes.”
Other key Polycom solutions on display by FVC, Microsoft, Sitec and Mindware include:
- Polycom® RealPresence Trio™is a solution transforms the iconic three-point conference phone into a voice, content-sharing and video system that can fit into any team environment. Easy to deploy, RealPresence Trio technology has broad interoperability and deep integration across multiple UC platforms including Skype for Business and Microsoft Lync, BroadSoft and others.
- Polycom® RealPresence Centro™ is the first solution purpose-built to put people into the centre of collaboration, will be available for demonstration during the show. The RealPresence Centro solution introduces a brand-new paradigm for group conferencing that drives deep engagement and highly productive meetings by bringing people to the centre of collaboration.
- Polycom VVX 101 and VVX 201 Business Media Phones: The Polycom VVX 101 business media phone is a low cost solution for small and home offices, lobby areas and shared workspaces—anywhere people need access to a simple phone with a single line. On the other hand, the Polycom VVX 202 is designed for organisations of all sizes looking for a cost-effective telephony solution and features two-line support and a wide-range of enterprise telephony features.
Polycom’s portfolio of solutions can be seen in the following stands:
- FVC Booth - Zabeel Hall, Z-H12
- Sitec Booth - Zabeel Hall, Z-H30
- Microsoft Booth Hall 7, B7-10
- Mindware Booth - Hall 3, D3-01
Poly is the global communications company that powers authentic human connection and collaboration. Face to face, we sift and sort millions of verbal and non-verbal cues to glean meaning. Poly is finding new ways to inject these cues into audio and video communication to replicate the face to face experience. To build intimacy. To break walls and span distance. To nurture the simplicity and beauty of human connection.