Sitecore Reveals Updated Product Suite, Building on Technology Innovations Gained from Recent Acquisitions
Sitecore®, the global leader in end-to-end digital experience software, announces it has fully integrated the core products from the acquisitions of Boxever, Four51, Moosend and Reflektion into its Digital Experience Platform (DXP). The completion of these integrations is a significant milestone that accelerates Sitecore's delivery of the industry’s most complete, SaaS-based DXP as it reimagines how content, experience orchestration, commerce and analytics support modern enterprises in becoming digital-first.
The integration comes at a critical time for brands looking to revolutionize digital experiences to meet customers in the moment with more relevant, intuitive, and human experiences. The new additions have been fundamental to expanding Sitecore’s advanced, SaaS-enabled composable DXP that empowers brands to deliver unforgettable customer interactions and will enable businesses to provide real-time, personalized digital experiences across every touchpoint, from content to commerce.
With a full suite of capabilities hosted in the cloud, Sitecore has reimagined how content, experience orchestration, commerce and analytics will support modern enterprises.
Dave O’Flanagan, Chief Product Officer, Sitecore, said: “For brands to truly meet the moment, it has never been more crucial than it is now to adopt technology that offers choice, flexibility and speed. Sitecore is committed to delivering a composable DXP that meets the continuously changing needs of brands – unifying content, experience and commerce, enabling them to offer exceptional customer experiences while continuing to innovate for whatever demands are around the corner. Ambitious brands have outgrown the one-size-fits-all vendors, and they will not settle for piecemeal point solutions – they need a stack of best-in-class features that work in harmony together – and this is what Sitecore delivers.”
Mohamed Al Khotani, Area Vice President MEA, Sitecore added: “Sitecore’s products are made with customer challenges in mind, resulting in targeted solutions that help resolve their changing needs and create a better experience overall. With the availability of these products in the MENA region - one of Sitecore’s strongest - our local customers can now enjoy the best of what Sitecore has to offer.”
Sitecore plans to continue its investment and growth in the Middle East, with a new office in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, set to open in the coming months.
Below you can find a list of updates to Sitecore’s offering:
- Sitecore OrderCloud expanded its marketplace support capabilities with a new release of order routing flexibility, supplier empowerment, and pricing flexibility.
- In addition, OrderCloud released a new Inventory Records feature to provide inventory management flexibility to enable manufacturers, distributors, and retailers for seamless operations and commerce business success.
- The capability comes from the acquisition of Four51, which delivers modern B2B, B2C, B2B2X, and marketplace experiences for enterprise brands.[TL1]
- Sitecore Send revamped its platform with an improved design and more efficient user experience.
- The platform now operates with six additional languages, including Spanish, French, German, Greek, Japanese, and Portuguese.
- Sitecore Send has also announced a new pricing plan with a 30-day free trial for the full range of Send’s enterprise-level features.
- This capability came from Moosend, an innovative marketing automation and campaign management platform. [TL2]
- Sitecore Discover has now enhanced its Commerce Engagement Console (CEC) with a revamped appearance library and editor to provide a better user experience and more control over merchandising.
- It also improved its widgets with type filters and rule exports to add more convenience for users.
- This capability comes from Reflektion, the AI-powered digital search platform that understands and predicts individual shoppers’ purchase intent based on patterns, context, and needs in order to convert shoppers into buyers.
- Sitecore Personalize completed its integration with Sitecore Experience Manager. It now offers a channel diagnostic testing and real-time personalization capability that complements Sitecore's market-leading CMS and is delivered in the cloud.
- Sitecore also published several new connectors on the Sitecore Marketplace including Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Responsys, and Klaviyo in addition to adding new AI-powered product discovery capabilities to support a broad range of commerce-related use cases including intelligent search, product listing pages, and product recommendations.
- This capability comes from Boxever, the SaaS-based Customer Data Platform (CDP) providing decisioning and experimentation.[TL3]
To find out more about Sitecore’s latest product updates visit: Sitecore.com.
Sitecore delivers a digital experience platform that empowers the world’s smartest brands to build lifelong relationships with their customers. A highly decorated industry leader, Sitecore is the only company bringing together content, commerce, and data into one connected platform that delivers millions of digital experiences every day. Leading companies including American Express, ASOS, Carnival Cruise Lines, Kimberly-Clark, L’Oréal, and Volvo Cars rely on Sitecore to provide more engaging, personalized experiences for their customers. Learn more at Sitecore.com.